Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VdGG in 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
salesforspam aka SPAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonashex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2020 at 12:49
who would have thought that the cancellation of concerts would be delayed for such a long time...

Edited by jonashex - November 04 2020 at 12:51
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2020 at 11:06
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

It's a shame that the world in the West Coast in America will never get to see a PH or VdGG ... ever again. And I'm not sure that they can garner enough fans to have a decent show in this side of the country and be appreciated, instead of 74 fans showing up at a bar in Portland, and PH have to spend the night in someone's couch, because a hotel, or whoever is driving, is tired and needs a rest!

Gawdddd, sounds like a PH song already! But yeah, I'm resigned to never see one of my favorite musicians and poets in my life. The one that "mattered" to me. And I will shed my tears when the time comes, and post a poem or two ... as the only thing I can do. Shed another tear ... ohhh, I forgot ... tears in the rain ... gone forever in the ocean of life!
Not even Los Angeles? For shame, and depressing to say the least.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 18:22
I feel fortunate enough(especially as a US citizen)to have seen VDGG twice and PH once. I even talked to PH briefly and he seemed like a very down to earth kind of guy. Not the typical rock star ego at all but then again I only talked to him for about two minutes. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - November 06 2020 at 18:23
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 18:29
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I feel fortunate enough(especially as a US citizen)to have seen VDGG twice and PH once. I even talked to PH briefly and he seemed like a very down to earth kind of guy. Not the typical rock star ego at all but then again I only talked to him for about two minutes. 

I had a long walk and talk with Peter Hammill once (about 3 hours). That was before I met Jean and still had my hair (I lost it after a traumatic experience).

Edited by BaldFriede - November 06 2020 at 18:30

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 18:51
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I had a long walk and talk with Peter Hammill once (about 3 hours). That was before I met Jean and still had my hair (I lost it after a traumatic experience).

I've had many traumatic experiences. Maybe that explains why I'm bald too. Actually, I have heard that stress can induce baldness so that makes sense in my case since I started to lose my hair in my early 20's during very stressful times. I was very depressed at one point and had a nervous breakdown. Not fun but I survived. I think that's one reasoan why VDGG/PH sometimes resonates with me especially a song like "place to survive" or "pilgrims."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12