Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlive again!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alive again!
    Posted: September 27 2005 at 14:01

Hello friends!

My name is Sebastian and I have been away from prog for a while but have come back hopefully to stay. I am also the creator of the website ProgRockDock.com, which I had going for about a year in 2001. It has been in limbo, but I am looking for inspiration and encouragement to get it back up and going. I have to say that being here and reading your posts has certainly done that for me, so expect the site to be back very soon. I love all kind of music that shows true creativity and emotion and so the website does showcase some other music besides progressive rock, but the main focus is prog, as the name suggests.

Please drop in on my site and visit in a couple of weeks and let me know what you think.

Take care and thanks for being here!

~ All for one and one for the vine!!!
Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 16:50

Hi Seb!

"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
ProgRockDock View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2005 at 18:49

Thanks for the greeting Manukind. Hello to U2!!

Speaking of...Did you know that the first time that I heard U2 was on the Greg Stone Progressive Rock show (anyone from the Bay Area in California knows what I speak of). It was the song An Cat Dubh from their first album. The song isn't really prog but it does have nice atmosphere. I then went and saw them open for the J. Geils band at the Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. It was weird. Everyone was just walking around during their performance and waiting for the J. Geils band. U2 was great but I seemed like the only one clapping. I had a similar experience with the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They opened at a small club in SF where they had four bands go on after them. People were just talking and getting drinks.

Sorry. Stray thoughts often pop up in my head :)

~ All for one and one for the vine!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply