Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am Back!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am Back!!
    Posted: May 20 2020 at 09:57
Hi, Guys
My name is Abel Adames (Darksideof in the past) Now I just added Collages for my username.
I am an Graphic Collage Artist that was a member of the forum about 12 years ago, some of you guys might remember me. I am the designer that designed the website header and collages found in about tap.
I just to will like to let you guys know that I am back and I have many other works since the last time I was active in the chat. I have to appreciate this chat because this was the main reason I started making collages 12 years ago. Embarrassed 
I hope that the old guys might remember me and for the guys that don't !!! o don't know me?
it is my pleasure to be back at the forum after all these years!!!!
have a great day!!!!!

At bottom I provided the link of my blog where you can  view all my collages I had done so far!!!!
Please make it a visit !!! and for more details regarding new collages ideas and new ones!!!
I will appreciate it!!

Att: Abel A. Adames
DarksideofCollages

Edited by DarksideofCollages - May 21 2020 at 09:04
https://darksideofabel.blogspot.com/
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 10:48
Welcome back, Abel. I certainly remember you, and perhaps rather sadly, you likely remember me too. ;) I will check out your new collages when I’m not on my phone.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 11:05
Welcome back, Abel! Nice to see you again.
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 11:27
Hug Welcome back amigo!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
DarksideofCollages View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 12:54
Thank you very much guys! How is everything? I see there are alot new bands. I should make a new collage of the bands that came out from 2010 to 2020.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2020 at 17:03
Welcome back! Hug Your PA arts are our pride.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 09:02
thanks bud!!!!!Tongue
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 09:03
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

thanks!!!!! Alot!!! 
perphaps we can make an update? a new one??? jejeejejeeBig smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 09:16
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Welcome back, Abel. I certainly remember you, and perhaps rather sadly, you likely remember me too. ;) I will check out your new collages when I’m not on my phone.
 why Sadly? Cry!
Well I remember getting a bit opset with few members that attacked me LOL He or they were  saying things   like "my collages are too crowed" and boring and the same crap! and I got a bit upset and I left the forum Ahh! few also was talking about copyrights.!!!!
well to inform to those guys if some are still here!! I had seen my collages y many prog groups in facebooks, videos of prog rock classic songs, and sadly I had seen them on websites ( including amazon.com) for sales on t.shirts and prints. Guess what ?? I don't get the recognition or a penny. I am still a starving artist extremely Broke!!! CryCryCryLOLLOLLOL
However I am still here !! A starving artist that makes a living not from my art or anything related it!!!
But I still love art and specially making collages of the music that I love!!!
ClapClapStar
That is how life is!!!!!! 

Edited by DarksideofCollages - May 22 2020 at 09:15
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 09:17
I forgot how to display the collages here, specially on this topic? how can I do it ?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 10:27
^ For example, by inserting links to images:

UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2020 at 14:42
The MMA logo is still kickass Clap
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 08:40
Originally posted by DarksideofCollages DarksideofCollages wrote:

why Sadly? Cry!
Well I remember getting a bit opset with few members that attacked me LOL He or they says something like my collages are too crowed and boring and the same crap! and I got a bit upset and left Ahh! few also was talking about copyrights.!!!!
well to inform to those guys that I am not sure if some are still here!! I had seen my collages y many prog groups in facebooks, videos of prog rock classic songs, and sadly I had seen them on  websites ( including amazon.com) for sales on t.shirts and prints. Guess what ?? I don't get the recognition or a penny. 
However I am still here !! a starving artist that makes a living not from my art or anything related it!!!
ClapClapStar

I do remember that, but I just meant you might find it sad if you do indeed remember me because I can be quite obnoxious even at the best of times. It's good to see you around again. I'm glad you're still at it and doing something you love.

Edited by Logan - May 22 2020 at 08:41
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 09:20
Clap
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

I am sooooo Glad to hear that bro!!!!
I remember the big arguments and looong responds in the forum about the header and the images copyrights!!! but Hey!!! it is still up there!!!!  and all the collages I sent to the leads are still up there!!! that is fantastic!!! well !!!! however I think that is the main reason  why they are available for sale in some website. The download them, print them, put them on mugs or t.shirt and make a profit. Cry
but What I can do? mmm Not Much!!!!!OuchLOL
But anyway I am soo proud that I made them for the love of band's music !!!!
ClapClap

Edited by DarksideofCollages - May 22 2020 at 09:21
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 09:23
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

^ For example, by inserting links to images:

Ok!!!!! but where is the insert link image? 

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 09:28
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

The MMA logo is still kickass Clap
WinkWink
 Thank you very much!!!!
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 10:56

why Sadly? Cry!
Well I remember getting a bit opset with few members that attacked me LOL He or they says something like my collages are too crowed and boring and the same crap! and I got a bit upset and left Ahh! few also was talking about copyrights.!!!!
well to inform to those guys that I am not sure if some are still here!! I had seen my collages y many prog groups in facebooks, videos of prog rock classic songs, and sadly I had seen them on  websites ( including amazon.com) for sales on t.shirts and prints. Guess what ?? I don't get the recognition or a penny. 
However I am still here !! a starving artist that makes a living not from my art or anything related it!!!
ClapClapStar

I do remember that, but I just meant you might find it sad if you do indeed remember me because I can be quite obnoxious even at the best of times. It's good to see you around again. I'm glad you're still at it and doing something you love.
 I did stop for years!!!! after I left the forum I did make few more but them I got a job where I hardly had anytime free and for years until recently I was not making collages.!!! well with the pandemic and being home all time I happen to have time now!!!!EmbarrassedLOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2020 at 11:39

1. Click (once) a chosen picture in your blog (or wherever on the web).
2. Click the right mouse button and select "Copy image URL". The link is copied to the buffer at that.
3. Click "Insert Image" button in the post you're writing:

4. Paste image URL (from the buffer) in corresponding field of the dialog. Close dialog with OK.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 22 2020 at 11:42
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 15:41

2. Click the right mouse button and select "Copy image URL". The link is copied to the buffer at that.

4. Paste image URL (from the buffer) in corresponding field of the dialog. Close dialog with OK.

thanks alot!!!
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarksideofCollages Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2020 at 15:41

Post Reply Post Reply