Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favourite Blue Öyster Cult Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Poll Question: Which is your favourite album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [9.80%]
5 [9.80%]
17 [33.33%]
3 [5.88%]
2 [3.92%]
2 [3.92%]
1 [1.96%]
0 [0.00%]
3 [5.88%]
6 [11.76%]
1 [1.96%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [11.76%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 17:23
oh...been busy.. like listening to that album several times a day since its been released. LOL  

As much I like the album.. Raff loves it..
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Adaon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Adaon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 18:23
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

complete the sentence...

The Symbol is the best BOC album since.....

I would say Imaginos.. The Symbol is a really good album.. but IMO you don't have to go that far back to find a better one.

I definitely don't have to go back far to find the last one I considered great.  That would be Heaven Forbid.  But Symbol might well be stronger than that one.

From there, I'd have to travel back to Fire of Unknown Origin to find one to compete with Symbol, though I do like Club Ninja.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:24
Heaven Forbid??  yeah man that is great album... godawful horrible cover though LOL

yeah with BOC..  really they break down... good, great, masterpiece. The Symbol Remains ...give a great rating.

I'd rate this new one about equal to Heaven Forbid. and just a bit under Imaginos which I would consider their last real masterpiece.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
stegor View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stegor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2020 at 10:06
The Symbol is the best BOC album since.....

Fire of Unknown Origin
I just rediscovered this one after The Symbol refreshed my interest in BOC. I used to think it was way too '80s sounding, especially the keys (Yamaha DX7, perhaps?) and didn't pay much attention to it. I dug it out yesterday and slapped myself for ignoring it.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2020 at 15:07

oh...been busy.. like listening to that album several times a day since its been released. LOL  

As much I like the album.. Raff loves it..

I love most of it. "That Was Me," "The Alchemist," "The Machine" and "Nightmare Epiphany" are fantastic, exactly what I wanted from those guys.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2020 at 15:53
Clap exactly the ones I loved from it.. so yeah. .completely with you on that. Loved most of it..  and no stinkers.. so a typical BOC album in a way..  just high quality sh*t..

some fan f**king tastic... and the rest..  just merely great haha. Not enough fantastic to rate it a classic.. but it really was a pleasant 2020 event.. there have been so few..
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2020 at 17:49
"Cültosaurus erectus" for me.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2020 at 17:55
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Clap
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2020 at 18:42
bump LOL

here..man.. ranked as my #6 blow thy speaker song ever recorded..

why... you ask...  because I just knocked our wedding picture off the wall with it...
TheLionOfPrague View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheLionOfPrague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2020 at 16:58
Fire of Unknown Origin. Terrific album.
I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2020 at 09:58
Now I want to buy Secret Treaties. Always thought it had bitchin' album art.

Edited by Rednight - November 04 2020 at 09:58
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
Braka1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Braka1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 10:46

FWIW I think this is comfortably their best studio album post - Agents of fortune. If you put Imaginos in a different box. And even AOF I think is a bit overrated. 

Believe me Pope Paul, my toes are clean
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 12:31
Originally posted by Braka1 Braka1 wrote:

FWIW I think this is comfortably their best studio album post - Agents of fortune. If you put Imaginos in a different box. And even AOF I think is a bit overrated. 
I thought "FWIW" might be the initials of a Blue Oyster Cult album, but I just discovered it's actually the initials of a Crosbty, Stills & Nash song. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 31 2021 at 03:03
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456