Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting my Review of Jethro Tull

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting my Review of Jethro Tull
    Posted: August 14 2020 at 23:32
Sorry, I wrote a review of Jethro Tull's album, A Passion Play. It doesn't appear to have been posted and when I retried, it indicated my review had been posted and could be edited. However I couldn't find my review.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 06:53
It's shown as a rating-only. I think because it was shorter than 100 words (you had to see this warning: Words counter (only 100 words and more reviews are published, other are considered as a rating only) when posted your review).
You may edit it (make it longer), then it will be shown on the album page (only).

If you'd like to see it on PA main page you need to ask admins to delete your rating (short review) and after its deletion to submit new review (obviously longer than 100 words).

Edited by NotAProghead - August 15 2020 at 06:59
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2020 at 17:54
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

It's shown as a rating-only. I think because it was shorter than 100 words (you had to see this warning: Words counter (only 100 words and more reviews are published, other are considered as a rating only) when posted your review).
You may edit it (make it longer), then it will be shown on the album page (only).

If you'd like to see it on PA main page you need to ask admins to delete your rating (short review) and after its deletion to submit new review (obviously longer than 100 words).

No, that's not right. I wrote about 3000 words. How do I go in and edit it then?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2020 at 04:45
^ I think this way:
- click LOG IN on PA main page;
- click Edit your old reviews & ratings;
- find the review and edit it.
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2020 at 17:58
Thanks for your response. You were right. I was wrong and now have egg on my face. Nothing unusual here. Just ask my wife. I'd forgotten I scored this album over a year ago and hadn't written any review for it. Now I find I when I write the review I can't post it because I don't realize it's already there to edit and post my review. Apologies. Think I'll stop scoring albums without posting reviews. Consistent that way. Thanks again for your response.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotAProghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2020 at 08:02
^ You're always welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply