Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for ItaloProg MIDI Files

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerdski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for ItaloProg MIDI Files
    Posted: August 19 2020 at 04:15
Hello all,

I am looking for MIDI Files (or Karaoke/Backings) of Italian Progressive Rock.
We are forming a 2-Person Prog Duet in Germany, and there will be a lot of 70s Italo-Prog in our setlist :-D ... and MIDIs (when they are well done) are a very effective way to learn Music that you want to perform. All those String Arrangements can be really tricky...

Of course, there is not a lot of Prog-MIDI around in any language.
I could find a few things from PFM, Banco and New Trolls, but very little.
It's always the ones that I want that are not available :-/

Especially looking for:

PFM:
-Lettera al Padre
-Sei
-Dracula (any Song...but preferaby "il mio nome e dracula")

New Trolls:
-The Seven Seasons (any Song)

Maybe this post is better for the Italian Progressive Forum...but where is it?

Cheers and thanks,
Gerdski
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2020 at 07:01
I don't think such MIDI files exist. But you can try removing the vocals from the original songs using things like Phonicmind or www.lalal.ai
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Gerdski View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerdski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2020 at 00:27
They do exist. PFM, Banco, Le Orme, NewTrolls. But often they are in poor quality or suited to other equipment so they sound "wrong". It can be fixed, but with a lot of work.

Removing the vocals leaves a very bad sounding result (to me). It works when the vocals are panned in the middle. And what if you'd like to remove other vocals, panned on left and right...or guitar and bass?

I have a music duo with my woman, we are called "Cadence and Cascade", and on saturday we played "Concerto Grosso I - Allegro" (and Andante) live (well...what was possible live for 2 people). For the Allegro we needed the complete piece without guitar and bass...so we had to build it from scratch. It works and it sounded good...but takes a lot of time. And string arrangements are pretty hard to find out by ear. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply