Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here There my new EP! "Odissea 1984"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote france_mala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here There my new EP! "Odissea 1984"
    Posted: September 13 2020 at 05:13
Hi all!

It's ou from august my new EP, it's not correctly prog, but maybe crossover (4th track yep I think).

I'm so curious to know your feedback!

What do you think about "Odissea 1984"?

Thank you! :)

(sorry for my english...)
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 07:13
Thanks for putting this up, Francesco. It is quite a nice listen. I'm not sure if this is prog, it sounds more like electro-rock to me, but I leave the pigeonholing to those who feel knowledgeable enough for that.
And I do like the music on those four tracks. Good choice of singers, too: I like the vocals on all of these four songs. I also like the electronic feel; the synths, guitars and vocals create overall an interesting atmosphere on the different tracks. The drumming is maybe a bit straightforward, but it suits well with the songs, so it's not a problem to me. Are you working on a full album?

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
france_mala View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote france_mala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2020 at 03:13
Thank you for listen it and for your feedback!
Yes, various "official" review" said that it is a try to change, my background is progressive, this is "pop", but the structure is not "mainstream". Drums are so for genre, more "eclectic" shoulded be "out of theme", than is electronic, maybe "art-pop"? Is the trael of Ulisse in our age, is a narration of Odyssey (dysthopyan: "1984").
For answer to your question, no, my label choice is to publish me with EPs, but is not sure.
My next release should will be "learned", like classic/industrial/soudtrack, but I've (my label e producer really) want to will produce me also like for techno release, indie-pop with a featuring, and thers prog/classic music album or EP (techno release will be for example a single, others track has a long duration so will be album... but depends to future progect that has in mind the label)...
Anyway, if you want, you can listen all my works and delirium on Spotify! 

Here, in "Odissea 1984", the only prog-rock track is 4th, "Acheronte" (maybe Gilmour-like guitar, brass, orchestra... but 80's drum, for coerence... in fact it's a concept). 

What is your favourite track? :)
 Post Reply Post Reply