Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flower Kings - Islands - Available?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2020 at 08:47
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

Ordered the vinyl from Laser CD and it still hasn't shipped...

I emailed them over the weekend as I also wanted the creamy colored version and was told they are all allocated, he did tell me the black versions are arriving soon.

Thanks. I was going to email them so you saved me the trouble!!! I think it sucks that the US market only gets the black vinyl. And it's late too? Double ass suck.
Yea, I'm fine with it as if you wanted one of the non-black versions I think you had to buy from Insideout or band site and those prices are too spendy. I have not checked to see if Greg Walker has any, but I'm good. I'm sensitive to who presses these and I am assuming it will be Optimal Media in Germany....some of the info on Discogs is not complete but the quick resale prices for the album are already dbl or more Shocked.....Essentially we are making money in our sleep!!
BTW, the CD versions are reselling for $23.....LOL
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enchant X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2020 at 21:11
why would somebody order it on vinyl when in the mastering it's probably all digital ? for extra clicks and pops ? Confused
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2020 at 21:57
Originally posted by Enchant X Enchant X wrote:

why would somebody order it on vinyl when in the mastering it's probably all digital ? for extra clicks and pops ? Confused
I don't have clicks and pops...Not sure what you are talking about. Your CD version is low resolution at redbook 16/44 full of compression and brickwalling. Records are mastered using the 24bit hi resolution file.....Why would somebody order it on CD? Confused
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2020 at 04:50

I don't have clicks and pops...Not sure what you are talking about. Your CD version is low resolution at redbook 16/44 full of compression and brickwalling. Records are mastered using the 24bit hi resolution file.....Why would somebody order it on CD? Confused
The best choice is obviously to buy the 24bit-96kHz digital file then. Wink

(But for some strange reason, I love to have it on CD also, just to complete my "tangible" collection. I know it is absurd, but why not? And seriously, 16bit-44kHz is pretty high resolution to my ears anyway! So I can understand that some prefer digital file, some prefer to have a CD and some prefer to have it on vinyl. To each his own. If the label cares about these three formats, I guess it is because sales are good enough.)

Edited by projeKct - November 09 2020 at 05:10
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2020 at 22:34
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

The best choice is obviously to buy the 24bit-96kHz digital file then. Wink

(But for some strange reason, I love to have it on CD also, just to complete my "tangible" collection. I know it is absurd, but why not? And seriously, 16bit-44kHz is pretty high resolution to my ears anyway! So I can understand that some prefer digital file, some prefer to have a CD and some prefer to have it on vinyl. To each his own. If the label cares about these three formats, I guess it is because sales are good enough.)
I have zero beef with any version, what I don't care for is making baseless remarks about a certain format or the tireless pops and clicks comments. I have records from the 70's that still play clean and will always sound better than the 90s CD issues.
The only format that comes close to records is hi-rez 24bit and DSD files, they are more expensive than records and the gear needed to make the most of them is not cheap either. Redbook 16/44 CDs don't have the realism, resolution and most importantly the soundstage that records do. Redbook limits you to 20Hz-20kHz, it cuts off hard. There is music above 20kHz that we might not hear but for sure adds to the whole musical character that your mind and body feed off, records have been pressed with frequencies over 40kHz, can't do that to a redbook CD.
I buy CDs because they are dirt cheap, $2-4ea nobody wants them, so I can rip them for portable playing on planes, trains and automobiles.
Your right, all 3 formats are made because people buy them, but year after year CD sales are dropping....I love that TFK always include the CD with the LP version.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12