Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wara for Prog Folk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uruk_hai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 17:22
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by Uruk_hai Uruk_hai wrote:

Did you say Monte Alban because I'm from Oaxaca? Hahaha, nice touch! Alright, that is good to know. There's few information about them online, so I'll research for more.

I wish the band's second album had been called either Zapotec or Olmec, rather than MayaLOL

Loved the place/area when I visited it in the vearly 80's (also passed by Mitla) - stayed at La Misión de Los Angeles  - though I suspect it looks rather different nowadays.

I wasn't even born yet in the eighties. Hahahaha
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2020 at 20:31
sorry for the delay.  It does seem like the group is ours to take, and borth Hugues and I have indicated we will take them if other sub genres didn't.  Can you prep a bio and post it here, Uruk_Hai.  If you are willing, I will edit it for grammar and conformity to general guidelines.  I liked to know when they were formed and where, their general history and progression, home page, and what makes them suitable for PA and prog folk in general, as well as a representative album or two.  Also, if there are a few key members, it's good to mention them.  Also, please link to a good representative photo

Thanks for your patience!

Ken

Edited by kenethlevine - November 23 2020 at 20:32
Uruk_hai View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uruk_hai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2020 at 15:51

WARA is a progressive rock band from Bolivia that released its first album “El inca (música progresiva boliviana)” in 1973; the sound of this first release was very experimental more oriented to a hard rock style but later in their following albums the band would turn more into a folk ensemble with more experimentation with Andean instruments.

The band has its origin in the sixties when Carlos DAZA, Jorge CRONEMBOLD, Jorge KOMORI and Dante USQUIANO founded the group CONGA which was more oriented to a rock and roll and dancing music for parties, then the band had several changes in its line-up so they decided to switch the name to TABÚ which had more of a tropical sound. After even more changes in the line-up WARA was born in 1972.

The first line-up of the band was: Omar LEÓN (bass), Carlos DAZA (guitar and backing vocals), Pedro SANJINES (organ, piano and backing vocals), Jorge CRONEMBOLD (drums) and Nataniel GONZÁLEZ (lead vocals); the album also featured Pablo VEZIN (flute), Jaime GALLARDO (cello), Freddy CÉSPEDES (violin), Vicenta CLARAMOUNT (violin), Walter ÁLVAREZ (bassoon), Stefan RINDERCKNECHT (cello), Gustavo OROZA (oboe), and Zelma GUERRA (female backing vocals) with Antonio DUERI as the music technician.

The band has changed its line-up constantly until the only original members that still remain in the band nowadays are Omar LEÓN and Carlos DAZA.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://waragrupo.com/

PICTURE OF THE BAND: https://images.app.goo.gl/FN7Go3nuuEKLk36K9

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 07:34
fantastic thank you!
I'll try to add in the next few days, along with the discography
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 09:32
Clap

Star

Hug
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 09:46
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2020 at 16:50
AND Wara has been added
Uruk_hai View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uruk_hai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2020 at 18:29
Awesome!! Thanks a lot!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12