Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yes Solo: Sixth Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: Which is your favourite album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
9 [33.33%]
1 [3.70%]
1 [3.70%]
0 [0.00%]
16 [59.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 01:09
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

^ Yes, I'm planning to journey all the way through Rick Wakeman's massive back catalogue, starting with The Six Wives of Henry VIII, right through to The Red Planet and including all of Rick's live and soundtrack albums too! Smile

That`s some serious undertaking Paul Thumbs Up
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2020 at 01:39
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

^ Yes, I'm planning to journey all the way through Rick Wakeman's massive back catalogue, starting with The Six Wives of Henry VIII, right through to The Red Planet and including all of Rick's live and soundtrack albums too! Smile

It should be a fun challenge though and I'll be sharing Rick Wakeman's plethora of albums with everyone here on my Prog Britannia 2 channel.

In the meantime, it's time for me to get back In the Hot Seat with the final album from ELP. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - November 28 2020 at 01:41
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2020 at 20:25

It should be a fun challenge though and I'll be sharing Rick Wakeman's plethora of albums with everyone here on my Prog Britannia 2 channel.

In the meantime, it's time for me to get back In the Hot Seat with the final album from ELP. Smile

And where are you going to find all of his albums to listen to them (either fisical, or downloading, or streaming, I'm not sure they are all actually available... though I haven't really looked for them all so seriously).
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2020 at 20:40
Bruuuford!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2020 at 01:41
Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

And where are you going to find all of his albums to listen to them (either fisical, or downloading, or streaming, I'm not sure they are all actually available... though I haven't really looked for them all so seriously).
I'm hoping to find all of Rick Wakeman's 80+ albums on YouTube, where there's never been an album I haven't been able to find. Smile
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2020 at 13:05

Originally posted by Dellinger Dellinger wrote:

I'm hoping to find all of Rick Wakeman's 80+ albums on YouTube, where there's never been an album I haven't been able to find. Smile

Well, good luck. I do have had difficutly with some albums (not particularly Wakeman's, though), though perhaps they were uploaded after I looked for them. Yet, let's see what happens when you are looking for the 34th obscure album from the artist who has near a 100 albums... (I'm just making up the numbers). Yet, I will be very interested in knowing if you do find all the albums, and to know what you think about them. Perhaps you could do a thread about it, and tell us what you are thinking about each of the albums, and if you are indeed finding them all.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2020 at 14:05
^ I'll keep you updated on finding Rick Wakeman's multitude of YouTube albums and how I rate them on my "Caped Crusader of Prog" thread, although it won't be until early next year. I still have a long way to go before I reach the letter "W" on my YouTube channel, as I'm currently on "G" for Genesis at the moment. I managed to find all of Ennio Morricone's 500+ soundtrack albums on YouTube a few years back though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed with Rick Wakeman too. If you include all of Rick Wakeman's soundtrack albums and live albums, then your estimate of 100 albums sounds about right. I only have Rick Wakeman's first five albums in a CD box set, and I know it's Criminal to admit this, but I still haven't listened to RW's Record in this poll. Embarrassed 

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - December 04 2020 at 15:48
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 06:04
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Criminal Record, of course! Everything else eats its dust!

Same here. Another vote for Rick Wakeman when it'd be criminal for me to vote for anyone else. Smile
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2024 at 06:07
Rick Wakeman - Criminal Record
Patrick Moraz - Time Code

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12