Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slartibartfast's Review Appreciation Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2023 at 17:38
Five, count them, five excellent reviews of the new album by Zopp on the main page. All done well, and on a group that I've never even heard of. I must get out more. Cheers.

Edited by SteveG - February 05 2023 at 09:16
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2023 at 10:49
I have been enjoying Warthur's APP reviews lately, but these all fade into insignificance for his review of the new 5 CD Genesis box (with a very helpful explanation of the vinyl release issue). It is extremely difficult to write anything new and fresh about an act who have been releasing material since 1969, but this review does it. 

A wonderful read at http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2897550 
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2023 at 10:39
Thought the review by Owen D for the new Jethro Tull was really well done and a good sell. Honestly, I know others wont agree, but I'm actually kinda excited for the new record. I've thought the singles have been increasingly good with each release, and I'm happy we live in a space where Jethro Tull is releasing records into the 2020s. Def sounding more energized than they have in a long time, and comparatively I find the new material a lot more compelling than the new Yes releases by comparrison.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2023 at 08:33
Nice to see Mr. BrufordFreak reviewing some prog folk, a genre always close to my heart. Keep up the good work Drew!
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2023 at 10:12
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Nice to see Mr. BrufordFreak reviewing some prog folk, a genre always close to my heart. Keep up the good work Drew!
I was going to comment on that, his reviews are really good Thumbs Up
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2023 at 13:48
Thank you, Gentlemen! Prog Folk is definitely one of my three favorite subs but I recently realized that I've spent very little energy focusing on the old Classic Era albums (many of which I never knew until recently). It's definitely a labor of LOVE! 

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2023 at 09:39
A couple of reviews of well known albums caught my eye this week. Posted by BBKron on 17th May, he reviewed The Yes Album and Wish You Were Here. Two of my favourite albums and I have to say I totally agree with his assertion that they are better than Fragile and Dark Side respectively. In particular I've never understood the love for Fragile, it just seems so inconsistent. TYA on the other hand is perfect despite the absence of Rick Wakeman.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2023 at 11:57
A round of applause for Magog2112's excellent reviews for Genesis and Marillion's albums. Clap
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 08:27
Paul, I love your reviews. But please, stop making those cheesy one liners. xD They're so distracting! :p
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 10:05
^Without the cheese it wouldn't be Paul. Most music I like is usually rated two or three stars by Paul, but I don't want him to change anything.

Rock on, Paul.
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 14:22
Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

^Without the cheese it wouldn't be Paul. Most music I like is usually rated two or three stars by Paul, but I don't want him to change anything.

Rock on, Paul.

Agreed and concur. Prog World is a better place for him!

Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 14:40
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Originally posted by Grumpyprogfan Grumpyprogfan wrote:

Rock on, Paul.

Agreed and concur. Prog World is a better place for him!

Yes, it is. I love eccentric people/
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2023 at 10:33
A very detailed and enjoyable review from Tszirmay on the new Lifesigns live album! Well done, mate. I need to scout the mainpage a lot more in future.

Edited by SteveG - August 21 2023 at 12:56
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2023 at 12:10
Four excellent reviews on the Harmony Codex, with Artgentinfolico being the most detailed, are much appreciated. This is one Steven Wilson album I'll gladly skip. Thanks to all.

Edited by SteveG - September 29 2023 at 12:13
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2024 at 07:21
I haven't been around these parts in a awhile but it was nice to see some good neo-prog reviews from magog2112, Warthur and VianaProghead on their Echolyn, Porcupine Tree and Pendragon reviews. Really nice!
Grumpyprogfan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpyprogfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2024 at 14:31
Thanks, Magog2112 for the excellent review of Echolyn's "I Heard You Listening". A very underappreciated release.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2024 at 10:47
It's good to see Mr. tapfret banging them out again. You were missed my friend. Smile
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2024 at 22:16
Thanks, Steve. It was nice to discover an artist that inspired me to write something. Thinking about doing some more.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2024 at 06:17
It's good to see Ken L's reviews of the late Paul Brett's work. He's one of the most unsung acoustic guitar geniuses of his era.

Edited by SteveG - February 08 2024 at 12:50
Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2024 at 14:44
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2992693
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=2992700

The amount of research done for these reviews is quite impressive. Especially, since ther reviewer isn't Polish.
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678