Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The PA Happy Birthday Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2021 at 09:32
I figured he was either on holiday or had a computer kack.
Looks like he hasn't posted since May 8.
LAZ MAN...ARE YOU OUT THERE BROTHER !!
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 04:30
Honestly I was a bit worried about Steve's (Laz) absence, but thought it could be related to the "atmosphere" where being "funny & entertaining" would/might seem outplaced or "inhuman". Also, I thought the other Steve (with a G Tongue) would know if there's something to be worried about Laz's absence.

Plus, Laz is doing some really "demanding" stuff here. Perhaps he just gave a break, eh? Embarrassed
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 12:00
I'm happy to report that all is well with Steve Laz. He dropped me a line to say that, unfortunately, with his PA posts sometimes life gets in the way. So, he's taking a break, but will return as soon as time permits. Hooray!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 12:15
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I'm happy to report that all is well with Steve Laz. He dropped me a line to say that, unfortunately, with his PA posts sometimes life gets in the way. So, he's taking a break, but will return as soon as time permits. Hooray!

Glad to hear it. He was nice enough to include me in his birthday posts last month,  Very kind of him. 
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 12:25
^^ Thanks Steve! Good to hear.

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2021 at 13:13
Whew !! Thumbs Up
I was getting real close to firing off a PM to see if he was ok.
He does a bang up job and I think we all appreciate his efforts.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 09:45
Well, I haven't done this for an awful long time. I must stress that this post is NOT the full-time return of this extraordinarily silly, but quite good fun whilst it lasted, thread, because I am too busy with my other projects, but I did want to post a little happy birthday to two very good friends on the forum here.

On Tuesday, it was Jared's birthday. Jared Butcher lives in the lovely county of Herefordshire, a place where cows are cows, proud of it, and humanity comes a very distant second in terms of importance. Jared was 54 on Tuesday. He is incredibly knowledgeable about our genre and, indeed, went orf to see the resurrected Karnataka, a band not too far from the Lazland parish, as a treat. Lucky fellow! Jared lists his interests as historical heritage, world cinema (this is code for watching a load of old French luvvies shagging themselves silly in the name of nouveau art), classical, metal, and rock moosic. Jared is employed as a Council Reablement worker, which is modern corporate bollocks code for a carer - he deserves our gratitude as one of the many who put themselves in the frontline during that bloody awful lurgy period.

And so to JD. It is JD's birthday today. Happy birthday, my dear old chap, and old is absolutely the operative word here, because JD Dinsdale popped out of Mummy's private parts an incredible 64 years ago today. Very excitingly, JD is an entrepreneur, you know, one of those chaps who does business things, makes piles of bunce, and no doubt waxes lyrical about it at the 19th hole of the local golf club.

And, in an exclusive for the PA Happy Birthday Thread (It's not even on the world's finest website, www.lazland.org he says in yet another shameless self-promotion exercise) you too can now enjoy JD's efforts. Take a look at this; https://www.whitepinemedia.ca/ Now, this is culture at its highest level. It's even got Latin on it, so probably only those lovely German Baldies will be able to understand a bleeding word of it, but that doesn't stop us admiring it, oh no!

In fact, JD did very kindly send me a calendar a wee while back, and his photography on it was stunning.

So, this lovely, award winning thread (voted Most Annoying Thread In The World 2020 by the German School of Philosophy) wishes our very good friends HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks for your support, chaps, and, indeed, I send all of my lovely friends here on PA my love and thanks for supporting my new website, even if I haven't featured you on this thread. If you want in, you are going to have to tell me it is your birthday Wink
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2022 at 10:25
^HugHug
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2022 at 03:08
Its a bit sad when you have to wish yourself a belated happy birthday but I passed the 60 mark 10 days ago. Quite pleased that I share a birthday with one of my favourite people - a certain Mr Rick Wakeman, although he is a tad older than me Big smile
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2022 at 04:10
Belated happy birthdays to all who want to receive that. I actually saw the light of day at the same time (or day, at least) as Jared. Honestly, I don't remember a thing of that moment, but I doubt we popped out of the same mum...

Beer

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2022 at 04:21
Belated best wishes to Richard and Kees. If you remind me, you can have the appropriate treatment next year.

Richard, my 60th will be something special, and only two and a half years to go, because that will be the glorious day I am freed from the shackles of the department I so lovingly serve.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suitkees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2022 at 04:26
^ Thanks, but I won't remind you: I stopped celebrating my birthdays when I turned 23 (however, that didn't help not to get older, strangely).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819