Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Releases January 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 15:17
I think that TCat's threads are the only current way to view new releases.  The only other way that I know of, is to look at the top albums chart and select 2021.  This will list some/most of the new releases of 2021, that have at least been reviewed.  
Terrapin Station View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terrapin Station Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 15:28
Thanks . . . it seems to me like it would be useful if we could keep a list of, say, all the releases from the past year. So at the moment, for example, we'd have everything listed from February 7, 2020 through February 6, 2021, by release date. Wouldn't there be some way to easily automate this by using releases as they get added to the site? And then there could be a list of all upcoming releases, too, as those get added as well.

Edited by Terrapin Station - February 06 2021 at 15:29
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 15:36
The new albums are only entered by year, so there wouldn't be an easy way for this site to track it by date of release as it is currently set up.  The release dates entered on the albums are just hard typed and not date driven unfortunately.

This site New Prog Releases is a better source for looking for new releases.

Companion site, Progfreak.com - Progressive Music Ratings & Reviews - Rock, Metal, Jazz and Other Genres also has a new release and upcoming release section, but there are only a couple of us who update this site, so it is not nearly up-to-date as other sites might be.
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2021 at 18:00
I could do a list of the previous new release reports for the past twelve months.  Typically, in the past, I've only listed the reports for the current year, so like in April, for example, I would list the links for January, February and March 2021.  It does make sense to list the links back to February 2020 in this report, so I will do that.  The problem with that is the external music links change quite often so some of them may take you to other pages, and I unfortunately don't have the time to research that.

Edited by TCat - February 06 2021 at 18:01

DonovanPunch View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonovanPunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 06:54
Hey hey! I don’t know if this is right place to post this, but any help would be greatly appreciated. :-) My name is Donovan Punch. I played in the Extreme Metal band called Soilent Green. February 5th I released, I guess what you could call a Folk/ Zeuhl Album (as its done with Acoustic Guitar only) on YouTube called “The Peasants of Arbatox vs Infinity”. I love Magma, Eskaton, and Weidorje. Just trying to figure out ways to spread it! Thanks in advance for any advice, or anyone who checks it out!!!
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2021 at 10:18
Originally posted by DonovanPunch DonovanPunch wrote:

Hey hey! I don’t know if this is right place to post this, but any help would be greatly appreciated. :-) My name is Donovan Punch. I played in the Extreme Metal band called Soilent Green. February 5th I released, I guess what you could call a Folk/ Zeuhl Album (as its done with Acoustic Guitar only) on YouTube called “The Peasants of Arbatox vs Infinity”. I love Magma, Eskaton, and Weidorje. Just trying to figure out ways to spread it! Thanks in advance for any advice, or anyone who checks it out!!!

If you want your project to be added to the archives, where albums can be open for review and you'll have your own Bio page with Discography, you need to go to the "Suggest New Bands and Artists" thread.  Here is the link:  Suggest New Bands and Artists - Progressive Rock Music Forum - Page 1 (progarchives.com)

Post a new topic in this thread with the name of the band and your suggested sub-genre.  In your message, give as much information about the project as possible, provide links for streaming the album (bandcamp, spotify or whatever), and post a picture, all of which will be used for your Bio page.  You can read the "Artist Submission Procedure" here:  PLEASE READ FIRST - Artist Submission Procedure - Progressive Rock Music Forum (progarchives.com)

This is the best way to get the word out about your album.  What happens next is the sub-genre team will listen to your album and vote on whether is should be included in the Archives or if it should be moved to another sub-genre to vote on.  Sometimes, this can take some time depending on how busy the team is, so be patient. 

I hope this helps.

gabbylavy View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabbylavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 02:35
Great stuff, thanks!

Would it be possible to add Feb albums that were released so far, so we can hear those before March time frame? 
TCat View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2021 at 14:37
^That might be something to look into eventually.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12