Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breakup of the Yardbirds, Parts I and II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breakup of the Yardbirds, Parts I and II
    Posted: February 16 2021 at 15:53
Hi PA Members:

I haven't had any radio airtime the past year, but I have been home-producing a bit.

I just completed my latest: "Breakup of the Yardbirds" Part I.  For those of you who are music history buffs, or are fans of Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin, and/or Renaissance, I hope you'll enjoy this semi-documentary program.

It is recorded as an mp3; for now I keep it in my public Onedrive at the following link (I had trouble with the hyperlink, so try copying/pasting this one, and look for the file titled "...":Breadkup...")

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=367DF8BF39D8D66C%21115&cid=367DF8BF39D8D66C

NOTE: Apparently the file won't play directly from Onedrive-- It looks like you need to Download it to play it on your device's media player.

Sorry, the sound quality isn't the best on some tracks (and I probably talk way too much) but I'm considering this as a draft.

You're welcome to other programs in the folder as well--mostly prog, and mostly themed programs that aired sometime in the past 9 years.

Enjoy,

Z

Edited by zwordser - February 19 2021 at 17:28
Z
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2021 at 12:10
I'll try to listen, it's a fascinating example of British rock history and the incestuous relationship of musicians at that time.   And of course the briefly-lived 'New Yardbirds' as Page fulfilled his obligations with an eye toward one of the greatest musical projects in history.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2021 at 12:36
I've always felt that the yardbirds were more famous for who their members were(specifically their guitarists)than their music itself.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2021 at 15:36
^ Actually they (e.g. cuts as 'Heart Full of Soul', 'Shapes of Things', 'Happenings Ten Years Time Ago', etc.) had a very significant influence on the English heavy blues/hard-rock at the time.   They sound guileless and simplistic now, but then, people were blown away at the high-tech skills and progressiveness of the band.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2021 at 16:25
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I'll try to listen, it's a fascinating example of British rock history and the incestuous relationship of musicians at that time.   And of course the briefly-lived 'New Yardbirds' as Page fulfilled his obligations with an eye toward one of the greatest musical projects in history.

Thanks.  It really is a fascinating history, more-so than I realized when I started.  As this is sort of a 'draft' please let me know if there's anything important I might add or axe.
Z
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 09:10
Hi,

The link is dead as of this morning ... using Chrome.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 13:07
Thanks for the notice. I'm not sure of the problem, let me know if you try again, and it still doesn't work. I'm able to get in from the link (but its my account anyway).

But the folder is public, so there should be access to anyone who clicks on the link.

Edited by zwordser - February 18 2021 at 13:23
Z
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2021 at 19:50
Hi,

"Sorry, there was a problem with the link"
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
zwordser View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwordser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2021 at 17:18
OK, I tried updating it to a cut and paste URL. Also, try downloading to your device to play the file. Hope that works...

Edited by zwordser - February 19 2021 at 17:29
Z
 Post Reply Post Reply