Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elder Appreciation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJMarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elder Appreciation
    Posted: April 12 2021 at 16:03
Elder started out as a stoner/sludge metal band but have transitioned into Heavy Prog over the decade. I have only discovered them around four months ago and they still rose up to become one of my favorite bands. While I do get Rush vibes from them, I also think they've managed to maintain their own identity. As a Prog band, they keep reinventing their sound; this is especially evident in their latest (as of this time) album, Omens. I don't know how much of a following they have on the Archives, but hopefully I can find or create some. Be sure to check out my reviews for their albums and EPs. Wink
Pelata View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2021 at 18:50
I only very recently discovered them for myself, and it was through the 'Omens' album. Such a killer record!
PJMarten View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJMarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2021 at 18:56
Omens threw me off at first for being different, more laid back and psychedelic, but now I love it. They have already proven themselves with guitars and now they've shown they can utilize keyboards and synth leads effectively. You need to check out the rest of their catalogue, sure it's heavier, but the writing and performance is still prevalent.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2021 at 19:09
I though this was a thread about appreciating old guys like me. Cry
Sorry to interrupt...carry on.

Thank you for supporting independently produced music
PJMarten View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJMarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2021 at 19:46
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

I though this was a thread about appreciating old guys like me. Cry
Sorry to interrupt...carry on.

Tongue
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2021 at 23:12
I used to hang out with the drummer in the band back in my undergraduate days in Boston. We went to a few concerts together, but I have lost contact with him.

I've never even listened to much of their music by the way, but great guy though.

Edited by King of Loss - April 12 2021 at 23:31
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 02:53
Elder is such a gem musicians whom crafts true mystery in their fat and wholeness sound. They create this strange landscape of sound which remiends me of a more darker Yes.

Edited by Icarium - April 13 2021 at 06:05
Pelata View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pelata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 05:27
Originally posted by PJMarten PJMarten wrote:

Omens threw me off at first for being different, more laid back and psychedelic, but now I love it. They have already proven themselves with guitars and now they've shown they can utilize keyboards and synth leads effectively. You need to check out the rest of their catalogue, sure it's heavier, but the writing and performance is still prevalent.

Yeah, its' on the agenda. So much music!
PJMarten View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJMarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 15:18
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

Elder is such a gem musicians whom crafts true mystery in their fat and wholeness sound. They create this strange landscape of sound which remiends me of a more darker Yes.
What's your favorite song?
Progmind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progmind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 16:02
Elder are great!!! my fav album by them is "Lore" and my fav song is  "Compendium"
PJMarten View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PJMarten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 16:51
Originally posted by Progmind Progmind wrote:

Elder are great!!! my fav album by them is "Lore" and my fav song is  "Compendium"
Compendium and Dead Roots Stirring are the two songs I introduce the band to my friends and coworkers.
 Post Reply Post Reply