1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
8 [28.57%]
1 [3.57%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 09:23
Hi,

I couldn't decide ... with only one exception, although I did not vote because I was way too conflicted as to the choices ... 

Michael Jackson ... for one important detail that is COMPLETELY IGNORED ... I saw him a long time ago, during his time BEFORE the great big album, and there was one thing that was completely unmentioned and not discussed ... the week before I had seen EARTH WIND AND FIRE and the audience was probably around 95% black ... and on that day in LA, seeing MJ, the audience was 50% black and white ... and you and I know that we still discuss the many folks that played on his great album, and how many of us think a lot about the greatness of that amazing album (and how progressive it was for that time!!!!!) ... but we never really mentioned the wider appeal that he ended up having ... which was more important than a lot of his tabloid crap.

I sincerely doubt that any other Michael in that list came close to that kind of discussion and appeal to an audience ... I appreciate many of them, and MJordan specially ... since he also is able to blend the appreciation of the public for his great accomplishments, but in the end, MJ's, for me, is much more important at a time that things had been brewing since the 60's with segregation and such ... at least with MJackson, you saw the dream ... come alive, even if it was momentary and his candle burned itself out as well.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 11:56
^ I believe as you say Michael Jacksons role in blurring the lines between white and black audiences are too quickly forgotten. Which is probably why Quincy Jones worked so close with him, as QJ also 2as one artist to challange raciall artificial boundries between jazz and symphonic orchistrated continental music.
Tancos View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tancos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 13:35
Michael Faraday, the most interesting mind of the bunch.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2021 at 13:52
Very glad to see that my hubby is leading in this pollLOL. Just cast a vote for him, of course.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 07:42
Originally posted by Tancos Tancos wrote:

Michael Faraday, the most interesting mind of the bunch.
hes one of the topp 10 most influentual phycesists of modern time. Alongside Erwin Schrödinger, Albert Einstein, Max Planch, James Clark Maxwell, Neils Bohr, Marie Currie (just to name one lady), and a some others

Edited by Icarium - April 21 2021 at 07:43
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 07:50
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Very glad to see that my hubby is leading in this pollLOL. Just cast a vote for him, of course.

The excellent fellow gets my vote.Thumbs Up
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 08:51
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

He had mine, too. I was the second person to vote for him! 🤗

Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 08:52
Originally posted by nick_h_nz nick_h_nz wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

He had mine, too. I was the second person to vote for him! 🤗

And I was the first. Hug
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 13:34
This is a tough one for me and not just because my first name is Michael. Because of my age my first instinct would be Michael Jordan although he's not regarded as highly as he once was and there's serious debate in sports circles if he's still the greatest basketball player of all time. He totally ruled basketball in the late 80's and early 90's regardless though. I also want to consider Michael Jackson but his reputation also isn't what it once was but for different reasons. Anyway, I guess I'll have to think about it.

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - April 21 2021 at 13:35
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldFriede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 15:19
Michael Kohlhaas. Fictional main character in a novella by Heinrich von Kleist. The character is based on the real 16th-century character Hans Kohlhase and has become a synonym for people who rebel against injustice by using criminal means themselves in Germany.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 15:28
No respect for the great singer Micchael Bolton here on the site
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 15:34
My intention was limited to alluring people and make them pick one of my Michaels, or Lucifer (as I get 1000 dollars per vote); but I'm loving that this is becoming an all-encompassing Michaels poll. PartyYing Yang
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 15:35
Originally posted by Icarium Icarium wrote:

LOL
Have you listened to his early band Blackjack? (1979-1980). 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 15:44
Let's not forget the Michael of the cult movie The Lost Boys.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 16:01
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

LOL
nope i have only heard roumers about this thing
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 16:03
Michael is the most powerful character in DC univers Michael Demiurgos
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 16:15

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

LOL
nope i have only heard roumers about this thing

and you say i got no respect... LOL
Steve Wyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve Wyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 17:03
When discussing the greatest rock guitarists, MICHAEL SCHENKER should always be mentioned along with Jimmy Page and Steve Howe!

By the way, where is Saga vocalist extraordinaire MICHAEL SADLER???????
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2021 at 17:12
Originally posted by Steve Wyzard Steve Wyzard wrote:

By the way, where is Saga vocalist extraordinaire MICHAEL SADLER???????

We are both "wyzard"s, and apparently Saga fans, my friend. But I included the most popular singer in the world for that category (see my original post). Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123