Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shout out to ProgArchives and other Archive sites
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shout out to ProgArchives and other Archive sites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MrMan2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shout out to ProgArchives and other Archive sites
    Posted: May 31 2021 at 12:11
Hoping this isn't an inappropriate place to put this; it didn't seem to fit in any of the other forums.  

I have long used ProgArchives and come back at least once a week. It is an invaluable resource to me and I consider the most essential music website on the internet.  

I also started a music-related YT channel recently and created a video highlighting what a great site PA and the other Archive sites are.  Thought some of you here might enjoy it. 

rdtprog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Heavy, RPI, Symph, JR/F Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdtprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 12:27
Looks like I'm the first to see this. Nice! Thanks Mr.!
Music is the refuge of souls ulcerated by happiness.

Emile M. Cioran

Hrychu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hrychu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 12:30
You look kinda like Notes Reviews. I thought it was him when I saw the blurry low res thumbnail! xD
Bez pierdolenia sygnał zerwie, to w realia wychodź w hełmie!
Manuel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 13:35
It looks great to me. Congratulations on a job well done.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 13:44
Nice job!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 13:52
Nice!
Greetings from 2005 LOL

Just wanted to clarify when I hear the term "expert" in regards to those who collaborate on entering the data, biographies, and provide frequent reviews. I won't try to speak for my colleagues here, but for myself as a collaborator, I don't really consider myself an "expert", more an enthusiast. For the most part, collaborators are folks that have an affinity for the musical styles presented here (some more specialized than others), are willing to invest their time to maintain the site and grow the database, and play well with others. I am sure there are musical niches within the prog paradigm I have dived into where one might think I have some expertise. But I, nor anyone else here for that matter,do not do this as a profession. So its hard to really accept the "expert" label. Like anything else in life, its not so much what you know, its knowing where to look (or listen, as it were).  

Anyway, thanks for the tube time.  

BTW - This is the Magma logo...not Queensryche

Edited by Tapfret - May 31 2021 at 19:12
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 14:30
Good stuff, thanks man.  I hit the like button and commented.   We think M@x may be a composite. 

"Sometimes you'll come across reviews that are a little crazy". 

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 14:32
It's good to hear Blue Oyster Cult get several mentions. I didn't know they were on ProgArchives until now. Thumbs Up
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2021 at 23:46
Great aesthetic, OP! This looks awesome!

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Neo-Romantic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neo-Romantic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 00:30
Very nice! It's a great way to let more people know about this useful site! Thanks for the video and for sharing!

Edited by Neo-Romantic - June 01 2021 at 00:31
May God bless you all in Jesus' name. No matter who you are, you're special, you're loved, and you matter.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 02:52
PA is nice and all. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 04:33
Is he our PetePardo?? TongueWink
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 07:00
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Is he our PetePardo?? TongueWink
More like a brother from a different mother.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
MrMan2000 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMan2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 09:10
Hey, thanks to everyone for responding and for those who checked out the video!  Especially those who gave it a like!  
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 10:14
Originally posted by MrMan2000 MrMan2000 wrote:

Hey, thanks to everyone for responding and for those who checked out the video!  Especially those who gave it a like!  

Really nice YT channel and nice shout out to PA and its sister sites.
projeKct View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote projeKct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 15:25
Progarchives and Youtube are easily my favorite places on the web. You combined both, so you win!! Clap

Personally I would have added a fourth way to use PA: the Top Albums section, with customizable filters... So useful!
MrMan2000 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMan2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 16:33
Originally posted by projeKct projeKct wrote:

Progarchives and Youtube are easily my favorite places on the web. You combined both, so you win!! Clap

Personally I would have added a fourth way to use PA: the Top Albums section, with customizable filters... So useful!

Absolutely should have!

It's really a great tool.  Main reason I failed to call it out is bc I don't use it all that often.  But you're 100% correct.  

Thanks for the response! :)
MrMan2000 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMan2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2021 at 16:35
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Nice!
Greetings from 2005 LOL

Just wanted to clarify when I hear the term "expert" in regards to those who collaborate on entering the data, biographies, and provide frequent reviews. I won't try to speak for my colleagues here, but for myself as a collaborator, I don't really consider myself an "expert", more an enthusiast. For the most part, collaborators are folks that have an affinity for the musical styles presented here (some more specialized than others), are willing to invest their time to maintain the site and grow the database, and play well with others. I am sure there are musical niches within the prog paradigm I have dived into where one might think I have some expertise. But I, nor anyone else here for that matter,do not do this as a profession. So its hard to really accept the "expert" label. Like anything else in life, its not so much what you know, its knowing where to look (or listen, as it were).  

Anyway, thanks for the tube time.  

BTW - This is the Magma logo...not Queensryche

Thanks for the input.  Largely my understanding as well.  I called them "experts" on the vid bc that's the term used on the site.  I basically consider them contributors with large knowledge base in certain areas who also reliably contribute in various ways to the site.  

Also, thanks for pointing out I got the QR logo wrong.  Sorry to admit I've never heard of Magma. 
 Post Reply Post Reply