Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snicolette's Progrock.com Nickie's Niches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2024 at 19:19
Originally posted by Jaketejas Jaketejas wrote:

I just started listening to this. Very enjoyable! Thank you.
Thank you so very much!  Glad you are enjoying it!  Smile
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2024 at 11:51
Attention Fans of Musical Niches:

Feeling Niche-y?

It’s that time again! Eight fine musical acts from almost as many genres will appear on my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show, airing tomorrow morning, 30 January.

The show begins at 8AM PST, on Progrock.com It includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month. Focus is on a wide variety of music, with an emphasis on chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, psych, and acid/wyrd/dark folk, most with a progressive twist.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen. To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Following my segment will be Time Machine Dennis, Ranking The Album with Spooky Tooth songs.

Link to Progrock.com: https://progrock.com/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 11:46
Didja miss it?  If you did, here is a link to the podcast of the show today:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2024/01/30/nickies-niches-26-february-2024/
Yesola View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yesola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 14:36
Always good to remember a solid staple of the progressive rock station world 

www.deliciousagony.com 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2024 at 15:33
Indeed it is.  I used to regularly listen to Rick Dashiell's show there.  RIP Rick.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2024 at 11:16

From the Department of Prog Folk Notifications Department, this just in.

"Nickie's Niches," will be doing a Prog Folk show as a guest offering on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show, tomorrow, 13th February, from 8:00 AM - 10 AM PT, on Progrock.com.

This part of the series will be "Keeping The Prog Folk Flames Alive from the 1980s and Beyond," and I’m starting this off with traditional music and ranging from early music to the Medieval and Renaissance eras. Following my segment will be  Ranking The Albums: Anathema.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen. To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2024 at 11:54
Didja miss it?  If you did, here's a link to the podcast of the Prog Folk Show of 13 February, 2024.  

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2024 at 11:19

It’s that time again! Nine fine musical acts from almost as many genres will appear on my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show, airing tomorrow morning, 27 February.  The show begins at 8AM PST, on Progrock.com 

The show includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month.  Focus is on a wide variety of music, with an emphasis on chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, psych, and acid/wyrd/dark folk, most with a progressive twist.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.  To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Following my segment will be Dennis’ Time Machine.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2024 at 12:39
Didja miss it?  If you did, here is a link to the podcast of Nickie's Niches from 27 February 2024  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2024/02/27/nickies-niches-27-march-2024/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2024 at 13:17

It’s that time again! A perfect 10 musical acts from almost as many genres will appear on my "Nickie's Niches," segment on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show, airing tomorrow morning, April 2nd.  The show begins at 8AM PST, on Progrock.com

The show includes mini-reviews and a tune from each of my Bandcamp and other purchases from last month.  Focus is on a wide variety of music, with an emphasis on chamber prog, ambient, world, soundtrack, psych, and acid/wyrd/dark folk, most with a progressive twist.

There will a podcast available on progrock afterwards, if it’s at an inconvenient time for a live listen.  To join the chat, go to progrock.com and click on Chat link at top of page.

Following my segment will be Dennis’ Time Machine, 1972 Part Five

Edited by Snicolette - April 01 2024 at 13:20
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2024 at 11:37
Didja miss it? If you did, here is a link to the podcast: 

https://podcasts.progrock.com/2024/04/02/nickies-niches-28-april-2024/

Edited by Snicolette - April 02 2024 at 11:38
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 11:14
Take a trip to Los Angeles and end up in the 1960's!

From the Department of Prog Folk Notifications Department, this just in.

"Nickie's Niches," will be doing a Prog Folk show as a guest offering on Chuck Simons’ “Top 10” show, tomorrow, April 9th, from 8:00 AM - 10 AM PT, on Progrock.com.

This show is continuing the discussion on the advent of Psychedelic music, and how it influenced Prog Folk in it's own time, and to this day (at least in my opinion). Seven (and 7 Is) artists are represented in this show.

It lasts approximately an hour, and begins at the start of the hour. The show is entitled "When Folk Dropped Acid," and this time takes a look at what was happening in Los Angeles, congruent with the San Francisco scene. Following my segment, Chuck Simons will close out the show with Ranking The Albums of Voyager.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2024 at 07:41
Too high and missed the flight?

Link to the podcast:  https://podcasts.progrock.com/2024/04/09/nickies-prog-folk-show-7-when-folk-dropped-acid-2-the-los-angeles-scene-congruent-with-the-san-francisco-scene/  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456