Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New prog in 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2022 at 12:39
Originally posted by DangHeck DangHeck wrote:

Certainly a focus on new material has not been my M.O. (of the past few years, at least), but a few definitely come to mind (though most of these I had to be refreshed on).

I recently (finally?) checked out all of Black Country, New Road, and their 2022 latest, Ants From Up There, is good, but I would more recommend their 2021 debut, For the first time. 

I'm also looking forward to new Flower Kings (I think they've been exceptional the past 5 years or so), (I'm not afraid to admit it) Charli XCX, Star OneBlack Midi(!!!), WaxamilionJacob Mann Band, Glasys (currently Todd Rundgren/Utopia's guy on keys... incredible stuff), 

Certainly agree on the Black Country, New Road. Really looking forward to the black midi which their label describes as -  "black midi’s new album Hellfire will be released on 15th July. Hellfire builds on the melodic and harmonic elements of Cavalcade, while expanding the brutality and intensity of their debut, Schlagenheim. It is their most thematically cohesive and intentional album yet."
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2022 at 01:14
Originally posted by DangHeck DangHeck wrote:

Jacob Mann Band,
Jacob Mann Big Band is AWESOME. And so is his stuff with Max Ox and Shrek is Love. And his YouTube channel is hilarious. I think a lot of people on here would dig him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234