Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Give NATO Planes to Ukraine? Yah or Nay.

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Give NATO Planes to Ukraine?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [43.48%]
13 [56.52%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Give NATO Planes to Ukraine? Yah or Nay.
    Posted: March 13 2022 at 17:12
Yes or no.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 01:26
Four votes in favour of escalation of this proxy war? ShockedConfused
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 01:30
As if this entire tragedy can be dealt with in such a simplistic manner.

I despair, and will not give anyone the pleasure of receiving my vote for any option.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 01:33
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

Four votes in favour of escalation of this proxy war? ShockedConfused

It would not be a proxy war, if NATO were involved. And I think a lot of people have very little problem with there being an escalation to full on war, and are frustrated and angry by NATO’s reluctance to get involved.

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 04:26
Probably no.

Although it may be useful if the US started saying what it will do, rather than simply ruling things out. Russia appears to be suffering big losses in Ukraine, and while this is positive in the sense that Ukraine are standing their ground admirably, but I still can't see any off ramps for Putin, and as his losses increase, the danger of escalation is very real. Giving Ukraine NATO fighter jets is a another 'red line' for Russia.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 05:14
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I despair, and will not give anyone the pleasure of receiving my vote for any option.
Your opinions always carries great weight with me Laz and, as always, are respected. I don't think this measure will do any good at all and will temporarily postpone the inevitable, at this point. What bothers me is the US\NATO reluctance to give Ukraine this type of military aid as the "optics" look bad, and will be viewed as escalating tensions with Russia after giving the Ukrainian government missiles, rockets and other "small" arms, as well as billions of dollars for defensive purposes. It's this type of posture I find ridiculous and typical of the West's dealings with the Russian bear.

Edited by SteveG - March 14 2022 at 07:01
King of Loss View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King of Loss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 08:12
No, but the proxy war has already been happening even before Day 1.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 10:01
Originally posted by King of Loss King of Loss wrote:

No, but the proxy war has already been happening even before Day 1.
Thumbs Up
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 10:37
No.
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 10:48
No.
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 11:58
NO!
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 13:52
Yes! Yes! Yes!

That was easy. LOL
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 13:58

I agree....Clearly it's not that simple and my best answer is "it depends". But I side more with NO.....full on NATO war is not the answer.
It pains me to see how Ukraine is begging for help, sure the US and others have/will give millions of $$ in aide, and financially locking Russia out of the rest of the world is a slow process but it may be the best option right now to get Puttin to pull back.

There is no perfect answer/solution to this nightmare.  
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 14:34
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

I agree....Clearly it's not that simple and my best answer is "it depends". But I side more with NO.....full on NATO war is not the answer.
It pains me to see how Ukraine is begging for help, sure the US and others have/will give millions of $$ in aide, and financially locking Russia out of the rest of the world is a slow process but it may be the best option right now to get Puttin to pull back.

Word.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2022 at 15:04
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Word.

Seconded Clap
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
 Post Reply Post Reply