Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My New Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353637
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2024 at 08:14
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

The latest Lazland Ruminations video has now been published. Featuring music from TangleJack; Hats Off Gentlemen, It's Adequate; Inner Prospekt; Tom Penaguin; Juglans Regia; Age of Distraction; and Amarok, it is a rollercoaster ride of sheer goodness. Enjoy!

Wonderful Steve! A great way to enjoy the morning with my favorite cuppa! Clap

Thank you, Steve. Really kind of you to say that. I think it is fair to say that I am now starting to get the hang of this video editing lark - in production terms, this is easily the best I have done thus far.

I am starting to plan the next series as we speak, which I hope will be an interesting watch re revisiting old reviews/albums. I think the first one will be Yes Drama and 90125.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2024 at 12:41
A busy week at www.lazland.org concludes with two brand new album reviews, both of which are worthy of your attention.

First up is a folk album from South Wales, The ragged Edge from TangleJack, the title track from which I played on my May Ruminations video blog.

Second, a fascinating slab of rock, prog, psych from Norway from Sykofant.

As ever, take yourselves along to the homepage and click on the buttons.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2024 at 11:48
The first new album review of the week on the website is a cracker, utterly essential if you love English progressive rock which tells stories of the gorgeous country in which we live, Brendan Perkins Music with Favourite Places. Take a look and listen to a couple of tracks at https://lazland.org/album-reviews-2024/brendan-perkins-favourite-places
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 06:12

<span style="white-space-collapse: preserve;">The first new album review of the week on the website is a cracker, utterly essential if you love English progressive rock which tells stories of the gorgeous country in which we live, </span><span ="xv78j7m" spellcheck="false" style="white-space-collapse: preserve;">Brendan Perkins Music</span><span style="white-space-collapse: preserve;"> with Favourite Places. Take a look and listen to a couple of tracks at </span>[URL=https://lazland.org/album-reviews-2024/brendan-perkins-favourite-places" rel="nofollow]<span style="white-space-collapse: preserve;]https://lazland.org/album-reviews-2024/brendan-perkins-favourite-places</span>[/URL]
That is superb, Steve. Very impressive.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 09:27
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

<span style="white-space-collapse: preserve;">The first new album review of the week on the website is a cracker, utterly essential if you love English progressive rock which tells stories of the gorgeous country in which we live, </span><span ="xv78j7m" spellcheck="false" style="white-space-collapse: preserve;">Brendan Perkins Music</span><span style="white-space-collapse: preserve;"> with Favourite Places. Take a look and listen to a couple of tracks at </span>[URL=https://lazland.org/album-reviews-2024/brendan-perkins-favourite-places" rel="nofollow]<span style="white-space-collapse: preserve;]https://lazland.org/album-reviews-2024/brendan-perkins-favourite-places</span>[/URL]
That is superb, Steve. Very impressive.

Cheers Steve! There will be at least one additional track played in the June Ruminations video.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:30
The second (and probably final) album review of the week at www.lazland.org is a very experimental album, as eclectic as it comes, Bakullama with Sleepers. I know that the band have posted elsewhere on the forum to attract interest, and it is a work worthy of your attention.

As ever, pop along to my homepage and click on the review button.
Valdez1 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Valdez1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 13:42

The second (and probably final) album review of the week at www.lazland.org is a very experimental album, as eclectic as it comes, Bakullama with Sleepers. I know that the band have posted elsewhere on the forum to attract interest, and it is a work worthy of your attention.

As ever, pop along to my homepage and click on the review button.

Your thoughtful insights on 'Sleepers' are incredibly precise and ring true! Yes, there is a story behind each song told with few words as possible.  Although I prefer the myths to the facts about the Princess of Tisul and Celia Valdez, making my take on their story's pure fiction.  (Because you can do that with only a Song title and some music)! 

I love you Lazland!

All kidding aside...

Thank you very much for the kind review.  I am well aware of how "outside the box" this album is, but that's the only way we can hope to break new ground, It's a mission of mine and many other musicmakers, although I am guided in spirit by Prog, Avant, & experimental masters of the past...  As you can probably hear.

The next album will feature more of Kalvin as he is finishing up a Master's degree and is way too busy at the moment.  He is 24 years old and an amazing guitarist and has never heard of Fripp or King Crimson
 (I set the old VOX tube Amp for STUN, and he magically delivered) ... 

He has been in some thrash metal bands, He sites Bonamassa and Metallica as his influences, and he has been dating my daughter for the past 3 years, lol.  I just love the kid, and I know he will bring much needed new magic to these future projects. What he did on sleepers he did unrehearsed in one take... roughly 30 minutes of home studio time, While I was out back barbequing chicken. 

Again, I publicly thank you for taking time to review all of the artists in the fold... You make people happy.

Edited by Valdez1 - 22 hours 8 minutes ago at 22:23
https://bakullama1.bandcamp.com/
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 16:01
^ Well thank you so much for these kind comments, and I love the background to Kalvin. He is very talented and I am definitely looking forward to your future projects together. It will be an interesting listen, I know!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353637