Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Should aging rockers need to pass a test?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2022 at 06:51
Originally posted by Rednight Rednight wrote:

All my prog heroes are aging rockers.

Hi,

Honestly?

I have NONE for heroes. There are a lot of them that were valuable and nice along the way, but it is all a minor thing in the history of a life reaching 71. I find it weird, and even bizarre, that some folks are calling many of those folks "heroes" when they aren't!

Tongue

Wink
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2022 at 02:57
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Honestly?

I have NONE for heroes. There are a lot of them that were valuable and nice along the way, but it is all a minor thing in the history of a life reaching 71. I find it weird, and even bizarre, that some folks are calling many of those folks "heroes" when they aren't!

Tongue

Wink

I'll beg to differ, M!  Jon Anderson's lyrics on "Tales" were hugely influential to me in college, where I transitioned from pursuing medicine to becoming an environmental scientist.  "Let them rape the forest..." over my dead body!  

I actually told this to Jon in person after the 35th Anniversary show in Chicago, and he gave me such a sweet smile...I'll always carry his smile with me.  Jon with my wife Ginny, 4 April, 2004.  

Edited by cstack3 - May 07 2022 at 02:59
I am not a Robot, I'm a FREE MAN!!
MortSahlFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MortSahlFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2022 at 06:20
They do every single show.

If people don't buy tickets to the show, they fail the test. Just like in school, you can only fail so many tests until you're "done"
https://www.youtube.com/c/LoyalOpposition

https://www.scribd.com/document/382737647/MortSahlFan-Song-List
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2022 at 12:46
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

Honestly?

Tongue

Wink
As God is my witness. And I wouldn't lie to YOU.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234