Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weedpecker (Poland) for Psycadelic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis de Sousa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weedpecker (Poland) for Psycadelic
    Posted: June 03 2022 at 12:04
Weedpecker is mostly connoted with stoner rock, but their music is dreamy, elaborate and unpredictable enough to warrant a place in the progressive spectrum, imho. Their third LP (III) will appeals to fans of bands such as Grails or My Brother The Wind.

A bit of live action:

A longer piece, note especially the second song "From Mars To Mercury":

Thank you for considering.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2022 at 17:41
Thanks, I really enjoyed some tracks, they are added to our evaluation list now ...

Sure, a good band, and there are some prog traces available, but it's not dominant imho
another listen is promised, but I have doubts they will take the hurdle in the end

by the way, please also consider the artist submission policy
some more info is required for the addition procedure

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2022 at 03:06
I always thought they were progressive, they are classified as psychedelic stoner metal, or stoner rock. Their third album is their most progressive if i may say so, spacy, Pink Floydian in places. 

If the psyche team think they are not a fit, move them to the prog-metal team. 
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2022 at 03:13
Agreed. If Psysch don’t want then, send them to the prog metal team.

I’ve always thought of Weedpecker as a prog band. In fact, when they were introduced to me, that is how they were introduced to me. (Something along the lines of “hey. I know you like prog bands from Poland. Check out this prog band from Poland”.)

Luis de Sousa View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis de Sousa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2022 at 03:48
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

by the way, please also consider the artist submission policy
some more info is required for the addition procedure

I hear you Rivertree. I submitted other artists in the past and was usually able to fetch more info. But in these days of immaterial music it is getting harder and harder to source the details. This band has no proper web page to speak of, the artist info at Tidal is empty and there are no details at Bandcamp either. Riffipedia was the only source I could find.

This lack of detail in modern distribution platforms makes the mission of ProgArchives all the more relevant.

Thank you for considering this band. They could indeed fit the Metal sub-genre too.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2022 at 03:53
I can compile some information when/if the band is to be added. 
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2022 at 03:55
I know the band well but never thought about bringing them to the team. I think they would be a better fit for Heavy Prog than Prog Metal, where Elder are. Their third album particularly sounds so much like them.
 Post Reply Post Reply