Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creating Hyperlinks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating Hyperlinks
    Posted: April 03 2023 at 16:52
Not a bug...just a tech question.
I've been posting links to articles in the forums for years using the editing window. But I've noticed some people have hyperlinks that are not just the link, but are renamed as a part of the post and show as blue and underlined I think.

How is THAT done?
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2023 at 19:24
Write what you want to be the renamed link first, then highlight that text an click hyperlink button, replace the word with the hyperlink. 

Edited by Nogbad_The_Bad - April 03 2023 at 19:26
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2023 at 19:31
I manually tag things. So I take say https://www.theonion.com/mom-watching-movie-won-t-stop-asking-questions-about-ho-1850294700

And do this without spaces: [URL= https://www.theonion.com/mom-watching-movie-won-t-stop-asking-questions-about-ho-1850294700 ]Mom Watching Movie Won’t Stop Asking Questions About How Plot Exhibits Current Trends In Film And Reflects Culture As A Whole[/ URL]

For: Mom Watching Movie Won’t Stop Asking Questions About How Plot Exhibits Current Trends In Film And Reflects Culture As A Whole

If you quote people posts who use them, you should see the code. Of course Ian's way is probably the way you will want to do it, but this as an alternative.

Edited by Logan - April 03 2023 at 19:34
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2023 at 11:19
If I copy and paste a URL directly from the browser it does it automatically, like this.

This is with Edge btw. 
 Post Reply Post Reply