Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHey everybody!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey everybody!!
    Posted: October 30 2005 at 10:42
Hi all, glad I found this place. I didn't know there were so many porgressive fans still around. I'm kind of an old geezer, was a teen in the seventies so I was around for the birth of progressive music. I saw yes live twice for the Relayer tour. Anyway I hope to have some fun in here. 
Ricochet View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 10:45
welcome
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 11:04

I am 39,not really an old geezer

I was gonna say welcome from one old geezer to another.

How about welcome from a dude approaching middle age?

Have fun.

Prog On

Kool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 11:44
Heh heh, well I'm 43 so I guess I havent reallly atained geezerhood yet but over on the graphic design forum I run I'm surrounded by twenty somethings who think eminem is the pinnacle of musical achievment I sure feel like one sometimes.

Thanks for the welcome.
M. B. Zapelini View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 12:27
From a dead beat to an old greaser, welcome to ProgArchives!!
"He's a man of the past and one of the present"
PETER HAMMILL
Ed_The_Dead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 12:56

Young prog wannabees welcome old prog geezers!!!

the nurse View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 14:17
Hello to all! I am so happy to have found this forum! I am a HUGE early Genesis fan, and I love almost all progressive rock. I hope to be posting here a great deal.

I am looking for a early Genesis avatar, anyone know where I can snag one?? I have d/l some PG pics, but they all seem to be to large for boards.
Kool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 15:45
Welcome to the forum the nurse, and welcome to my welcome thread LOL. I'm new too.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes fellow proggers (is that the right term)

Edited by Kool
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 19:40
Originally posted by Kool Kool wrote:

Welcome to the forum the nurse, and welcome to my welcome thread LOL. I'm new too.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes fellow proggers (is that the right term)

hahah ha, two for one I see. Welcome to both of you. I jumped right in myself and didn't even introduce myself, whoops   Rapidly approaching middle age myself (40) nice to find civil and informative discussion here. There are some VERY smart, knowledgeable  and rather nice people here. You ought to enjoy it.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Kool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 20:23
Heh heh, seems to be a number of older folks here. Maybe they could make a special "geezer" section. We could fill it with helpful topics like; How to stay up past 11 o clock and what's the best ways to sneak ensure into your beer bottle and how to creatively hide a big gut. Ahh the possibilities are endless. 
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 20:27

Heh heh, seems to be a number of older folks here. Maybe they could make a special "geezer" section. We could fill it with helpful topics like; How to stay up past 11 o clock and what's the best ways to sneak ensure into your beer bottle and how to creatively hide a big gut. Ahh the possibilities are endless. 

hahahah, I like you already.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
the nurse View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 20:46
going to be 42 this month, so I guess that makes me a "geezer" as much as it pains me to say that!

I am looking forward to seeing the Musical Box this December in Philadelphia. Saw them in Atlantic City this past June do the whole Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, and it was outstanding. Also saw them do Selling England by the Pound, and that was even better.

Hope someday I can see the Peter, Phil,Tony,Mike & Steve do it! Listen to me, like I know them or something!
Kool View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 20:56
Thanks micky, I'm really liking this place. Seems to have a great staff who let the members play without getting too heavy handed. Yet they keep the trolls out which is great. I found this place while recovering from a mid life crises, although crises is too strong of a word, more of a mid life rut. I was considering growing a pony tail, getting a sports car and finding a young hottie to have an affair with. But I'd look silly with a pony tail and I'm to bald and fat to get a hottie and I can't afford a sports car so I decided to recapture my youth by diving back into the music of it. I was pretty blown away to discover that there's a whole new generation digging it.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 21:03
Originally posted by the nurse the nurse wrote:

going to be 42 this month, so I guess that makes me a "geezer" as much as it pains me to say that!

I am looking forward to seeing the Musical Box this December in Philadelphia. Saw them in Atlantic City this past June do the whole Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, and it was outstanding. Also saw them do Selling England by the Pound, and that was even better.

Hope someday I can see the Peter, Phil,Tony,Mike & Steve do it! Listen to me, like I know them or something!

turned 40 in July, and life is good.   I have a buddy that's going to see the Musical Box in December up in Canada.  Very jeolous I am,  don't ever see them coming down to North Carolina ha hah ha. Slipperly Man might have a few shots taken at him down here.   I heard the SEbyP show was outstanding!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 21:10

Thanks micky, I'm really liking this place. Seems to have a great staff who let the members play without getting too heavy handed. Yet they keep the trolls out which is great. I found this place while recovering from a mid life crises, although crises is too strong of a word, more of a mid life rut. I was considering growing a pony tail, getting a sports car and finding a young hottie to have an affair with. But I'd look silly with a pony tail and I'm to bald and fat to get a hottie and I can't afford a sports car so I decided to recapture my youth by diving back into the music of it. I was pretty blown away to discover that there's a whole new generation digging it.

I really like it here as well, I'm a prog moderator on another music chat site, but it has a bit of a problem with the 'youngish trolls' (though they know better than to venture down Prog way ha ha hah)  Oh I know where you are coming from, I hit 40 this summer and got the wild hair up my behind to grow a pony tail (have had my hair short since my military days back in the early 90's). The sports cars are best left to the young (the last one I had ended up wrapped around a tree in college ), and I'm married to a hottie so I guess I'd settle for the pony tail and chatting with kids young enough to be my own.  It is really neat to see the a new generation getting into the music of our youth.  It had such.....quality to it, unlike what it being done today (for various reasons).  Look forward to seeing your posts!
cobb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2005 at 21:44
Welcome Kool and the Nurse- There's a whole new world of prog out there just waiting for you to discover if you haven't already. Turn 50 myself this year- still waiting for my mid-life crisis with expectation.
Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 00:29

Originally posted by M. B. Zapelini M. B. Zapelini wrote:

From a dead beat to an old greaser, welcome to ProgArchives!!

HeHe I was thinking to the same JT's quote!

BTW WELCOME to you, hope to see you soon on the forum!

The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 14:39

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 22:12
Originally posted by The Miracle The Miracle wrote:

hahahah, that's cute
the nurse View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 18:52
Yes, Micky The Musical Box did an OUTSTANDING job bringing us The SEBTP. I NEVER thought that any tribute band could pull off Supper's Ready, but the did, and did it well. I have to say though that the song The Musical Box was their best, note for note, not to metion that it is my favorite song of all flippin' time!

I do listen to other progressive rock, but early Genesis is my favorite, Renaissance, Yes, Pink Floyd, and Ozric Tentacles, are on my list as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply