Topic ClosedGreatest American Rock Band

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 01:48

Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

I should include Steppenwolf, but I guess they are Canadian...

Don't get why you believe this, only one member of the band was Canadian (drummer Jerry Edmonton).

In that case their main nationality could be German because John Kay (Joachim Fritz Krauledat) who formed the band was born in East Prussia - West Germany (Not in Canada), even the name of the band is taken from a Herman Hesse book,  but keyboardist Goldy Mc John, bassist Rushton Moreve and guitar player Michael Monarch were born in USA, so most of Syeppenwolf members were in fact born in USA.

They joined and formed the band on 1967 in California LA and all of them made their career in USA, that's why I oincluded them.

Iván 

Edited by ivan_2068

Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 18:02
Originally posted by ivan_2068 ivan_2068 wrote:

Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

I should include Steppenwolf, but I guess they are Canadian...

Don't get why you believe this, only one member of the band was Canadian (drummer Jerry Edmonton).

In that case their main nationality could be German because John Kay (Joachim Fritz Krauledat) who formed the band was born in East Prussia - West Germany (Not in Canada), even the name of the band is taken from a Herman Hesse book,  but keyboardist Goldy Mc John, bassist Rushton Moreve and guitar player Michael Monarch were born in USA, so most of Syeppenwolf members were in fact born in USA.

They joined and formed the band on 1967 in California LA and all of them made their career in USA, that's why I oincluded them.

Iván 

OK, Iván, being formed in CA we may consider them as American.

Only two observations: as long as I know John Kay's stepfather was Canadian so he had the Canadian citizenship. Mars Bonfire (Dennis Edmonton), the composer of the emblematic "Born to be wild" was (is) Canadian too.

Edited by Atkingani
Guigo

~~~~~~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12