FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCompletely different - Born to Run

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Completely different - Born to Run
    Posted: November 23 2005 at 14:48
 The classic proggers and the canterbury scene (the more experimental psych/progbands (not neo-prog)), I know them all. But as my musical taste is quite a wide category, I also like bands and artists like U2, Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen.  

Yesterday I went out to buy the newly remastered Born To Run. And to anyone who loves rock music Ican recommend this. It was never my favourite kind of music but I decided to give it a go (I already knew the music). The package itself is simply amazing (as a reissue should always be). The Cd is remastered in a LPlike Replica gatefold sleeve, there's a making of (1 1/2 hour!!) of the album, in which different cuts of the songs are heard with commentary by the boss himself and lot's of old video footage.  

But if there's one reason to buy this package, it's because of the concert that's included (at Hammersmith Odeon 1975). It's one of the most intense, if not the most intense of all the concerts I've ever seen (Live or on DVD). He literally sings his lungs out! springsteen, I've never seen him so amazing, he's a real musician in the trueest sense of the word. His beginning period shows him as an ambitious man, unbelievably sincere in his music and lyrics! So if you're hesitating to buy it, It's worth every single euro, (or pound for you Englishmen)!!

fab
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 15:17
I bought this for myself for Christmas yesterday (that was nice of me) so I can't play it until then, but I can't wait to hear the remastered title track. Sounds like the Hammy Odeon DVD should be great as well, thanks.
salmacis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Content Addition

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 15:27
I love 'Born To Run'- one of my fave albums regardless of genre. It's a flawless album without a weak track, and the title track is easily one of the greatest rock songs ever.
Syzygy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 14:28
I've never completely understood the unquestioning adulation that seems to be given to The Boss whatever he does, but there's no denying that Born to Run is one of the classic albums of its era, and it's the studio album which comes closest to replicating his truly magnificent live performances.
'Like so many of you
I've got my doubts about how much to contribute
to the already rich among us...'

Robert Wyatt, Gloria Gloom

Post Reply Post Reply