FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closednew shop for Australian proggers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: new shop for Australian proggers
    Posted: September 13 2004 at 10:30

Are there any Australian folks hanging around in here? Or more specifically, Melbourne folks? I've lived in that vicinity for a long time now and have always found it hard to find any decent local supply of progressive and psychedelic CD's for sale, ordering most of my stuff from other countries. However for a few months there's been a new music shop in Melbourne that has a large and really good selection of prog/psych stuff, a sight for sore eyes in this part of the world. So I thought Melbourne folks might appreciate knowing about it, because it's not too obvious from the street, and as they're just starting out I'd like to make sure they don't disappear too quickly by spreading the word to prog lovers.

I don't like sounding like an advertiser so I'll just give you the address and leave it at that -

Metropolis Books & Music, Level 3 Curtin House, 252 Swanston St, Melbourne; ph. (03)9663 2015.

dude View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 10:30

HEY MR TOENAIL!!

I AM IN ADELAIDE(HOORAY FOR PORT ADELAIDE!!AFL PREMIERS!!!)

NOW, THATS OUT OF THE WAY.....

PROG FROM OVERSEAS IS FAIRLY READILY AVAILABLE BUT AUSTRALIAN PROG...THATS ANOTHER STORY

I HAVE MENTIONED THIS BEFORE BUT I TRIED TO GET CDS OF EARLY 70,S AUSTRALIAN  PROG/PSYCHADELIC BANDS SUCH AS KING HARVEST,TAMMAM SHUD,KAVEST JUTE,ETC BUT WAS TOLD THAT NO CD,S OR ANY NEW PRESSINGS OF THE WORKS OF THESE BANDS HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN OVER 30 YEARS,THIS IS SAD AS A PART OF AUSTRALIAN ROCK(PROG) HISTORY IS BEING NEGLECTED.

I DO HAVE TAMMAM SHUDS "GOOGLIAMITES AND THE REAL PEOPLE" ON CASSETTE BUT THE RECORDING IS OLD AND TAPE QUALITY IS POOR AFTER SO MANY YEARS. SUCH IS THE SMALL POPULATION OF OUR COUNTRY THAT A MINOR ROCK GENRE SUCH AS PROG ROCK IS FINANCIALY UNPRODUCTIVE.....

BUT I DO HAVE "GOLDEN MILES" BY HEALING FORCE.......SIGH!!!!

Edited by dude
 Post Reply Post Reply