Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedhelloo all of you...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: helloo all of you...
    Posted: January 12 2006 at 16:52

Hi.. my name is Maxime.. and im a french Canadian from Quebec.. So its possible that my english suck a little bit sometimes.. hehe

I come to progarchives since 2 years and I discover a tons of group here so i decided to register me in the forum to learn more and more things.

I think i am a very open mind about music in general. I listen all the kind of prog..and non-prog band too, but i am presently in a Experimental Post-rock Trip... This music is dark.. and excessively INTENSE, what i like in music

My favorite bands are: MOGWAI, Gy!be, Sigur ros, explosion in the sky, do make say think, Magyar Posse, The Mars Volta, Radiohead, Dredg, Opeth, Tool, Riverside, A perfect circle, Anekdoten, Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, Rush, and many more !

It seems that there is no really FAN of exp.post-rock here.. or if there is.. raise you.

P.s. Im a drummer too.. so if someone want to talk about this subject, I am there

2 Rights make 1 Wrong
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 18:46

Welcome Black Mog!

Our glorious leader/webmaster is a French Canadian from Quebec too,and he's also called Maxime...

We love French-Canadians,honest we do!

krusty View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2006 at 19:34
Hi Black Mog and welcome, I am English and MY English is crap so I wouldn't worry about it

Thats an interesting list of bands there, have you heard Mono?
Looking at your list, I think you like this Japanese Post-Rock band who are very much in the mold of Mogwai.
I think there best matrial is on their one more step and you die album, so if you see it, I suggest you check it out.

Black Mog View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2006 at 17:03

hehe yes i know this japannese band.. but i just listen their album called Walking clouds and deep red sky and i love it.. its really in the same mold of mogwai but a little bit more atmospheric i think.. so i will chek it out for one more step and you die :P

Another thing.. someone know the exp post-rock band called Saxon Shore.. because i listen 2 songs of them and.. WOW ! but it seems to be a very underground band and i cant find stock of them 

2 Rights make 1 Wrong
The Miracle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2006 at 20:03
 Post Reply Post Reply