Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMojo Nixon!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mojo Nixon!
    Posted: March 18 2006 at 08:52
I was reminded of Mojo from a Fishbone thread and wondered how many of you are familiar with him at all? Thought of as a novelty act (Elvis is Everywhere), he actually had one or two good serious songs. He did, though, do a ton of wacky stuff with Skid Roper, much of it pretty profane and scatalogical. Fun stuff though, especially the first 3 or 4. Great washboard!
If you like art of musicians, check my site (the music section) and tell me what you think! http://www.kenmeyerjr.com
darren View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2006 at 13:41

Love Mojo Nixon's stuff. A friend and I still refer to Micheal J. Fox as the Anti-Elvis.

I like a couple of albums of his. "Get Out Of My Way" is great, especially when you're stuck in traffic.

I heard a while ago that he was singing "Don Henley Must Die" when D.H. himself jumped on stage and sang along. Mojo announced because of that, he was going to change the song to "Michael Bolton Must Die" but I never heard anything more about it. Since then M.B.'s career went into the "Where are they now and who cares?" file. Coincidence?

"they locked up a man who wanted to rule the world.
the fools
they locked up the wrong man."
- Leonard Cohen
kenmeyerjr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 23:54
Yeah, you can count on Mojo to stir things up. His first album is really raunchy, and later he toned down a bit, but was always good for a ton of fun. Heck, I even had Skid Roper's solo lp at one point long ago.
If you like art of musicians, check my site (the music section) and tell me what you think! http://www.kenmeyerjr.com
darren View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 06:36

Mojo Nixon has a radio show on Sirius. The show's called something like "Lying C---sucker" (not sure how much profanity is allowed here). I was visiting my brother and he was showing me his new car and sat radio. We were scanning and found it. Unfortunately for me, we were in a hurry to get somewhere and couldn't listen very long (<minute).

"they locked up a man who wanted to rule the world.
the fools
they locked up the wrong man."
- Leonard Cohen
kenmeyerjr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2006 at 23:22
Darn, too bad it's not on XM.
 Post Reply Post Reply