Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Daevid Allen-Gong question!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Daevid Allen-Gong question!
    Posted: March 22 2006 at 12:45

...i really love Gong music and obviusly I love "radio gnome invisible" trilogie, but i am disappointed about later albums like "Gazeuse!"...so i was wondering about Daevid Allen solo stuff like Bananamoon, Good morning!, and Now is the happiest time of your life.

..I am very surprised that those albums are not in the archives...has someone listen to those albums? can you tell me how they sonds like? are quite similar to early gong stuff?

gong est mort? vive gong!

thanx!

Edited by MorgothSunshine
For every truth even the contrary is true...
ViolinCyndee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 12:54

Hi!!  I love "Good Morning" especially!  But it is very different than the trilogy album Gong. 

If you love the trillogy albums, you should also get these Gong albums:  "Zero to Infinitea" and "Live at Sherwood"... (both on the GAS site). 

Cyndee 

http://cdbaby.com/cd/cyndeeleerule
www.cyndeeleerule.com
Jaimeantonio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 13:56

Gong Gazeuse is more Pierre Moerlen's work.. and not his best.. Moerlen was more inclined to fusion (his "time is the Key" is superb)

Allen is very eclectic..try Non Existe Pas or "these are the happiest days of our lives"

ANDREW View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 14:37
"Banana Moon" is really cool (with Robert Wyatt, Archie Legget, Gary Wright, Pip Pyle, Christian Tritsch, Maggie Bell, Nick Evans), very psychedelic
USAGirl View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2006 at 15:13
I know my sister (BaldJean) was about to add him; she said she would have to do some research on him though, because over the years he has had a lot of collaborations with other artists, and although Jean and Friede are both avid Gong fans and have a lot of these collaboration albums some even escaped them.
Peace on Earth
oliverstoned View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2006 at 03:32
Originally posted by MorgothSunshine MorgothSunshine wrote:

...i really love Gong music and obviusly I love "radio gnome invisible" trilogie, but i am disappointed about later albums like "Gazeuse!"...so i was wondering about Daevid Allen solo stuff like Bananamoon, Good morning!, and Now is the happiest time of your life.

..I am very surprised that those albums are not in the archives...has someone listen to those albums? can you tell me how they sonds like? are quite similar to early gong stuff?

gong est mort? vive gong!

thanx!

Now that you know the Trilogy, you have to discover the previous era, with "Camembert electrique", "Continental circus", "Obsolete" (Dashiel Hadayatt), "Bananamoon", Try also "Gong BBC"ofr the second period.

Good morning (76) is excellent and relates more to the first period that you love than to the second world jazz rock era.

Edited by oliverstoned
 Post Reply Post Reply