Topic ClosedQueen!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Queen!!
    Posted: December 16 2004 at 18:55

I know it's not really prog (though many of us feel that some of their stuff was proto-prog, and even near-prog), but the three members of Queen will be touring for the first time in many years, with Paul Rodgers on vocals.  The tour begins next year in Europe.  No info on furhter tour plans.

tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2004 at 08:34

All three members? I didn't find anything on John Deacon participating, and I honestly believed he retired.

Got mixed feelings about this, For me Freddie Mercury was the ultimate live performer (See "DVD's "Live at Budapest, Wembley, in Rio and the last one to have been released Queen on Fire.) His performance really improves the entire show. Paul Rodgers is going to have a tough task ahead of him.

He's not the least of singers, performing with other great musicians in the past (The Firm being my favourite band in which he played a vital role, next to Jimmy Page) So the choise for Paul to replace Freddie  is not a bad one if you'd ask me.

I understand they will play in Holland also, so If ever this will be my chance to see an actual (in name) Queen concert. I doubt I will go though, I don't want to get dissapointed.

I'm always almost unlucky _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Id5ZcnjXSZaSMFMC Id5LM2q2jfqz3YxT
S Lang View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 17:18

Hmmm, Paul Rodgers with Queen? Rodgers is one of my favourite singers, also one of the few who takes music seriously. He had taken private singing tuition well after he became famous, not many established rock stars could be so motivated...., but with Queen..? His voice is very different.

Well, let's keep an open mind on this, but I sincerely hope that he won't imitate Mercury's theatrics, or voice at the expense of his own special way of singing.  

Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 17:22
^ How come you're digging up such old news? This is history now.
 Post Reply Post Reply