10 [17.54%]
14 [24.56%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 04:26
Originally posted by Xeroth Xeroth wrote:

My goodness, I've never understood why people bash on DT so much.  Yes they are polled on way too much.  And polling on the being polled on is kind of a different step.  But while everyone bashes on DT, whom I love, why don't we spend time and bash on other bands.  I know I'll get killed for this, or at least verbally abused, but what about Yes?  Let's bash on Yes!  Post millions and millions of polls and say how crappy they are when they sold out at a certain point and lost all abilities to make a good album.  Oh but wait, 99.9 percent of the people on this site love Yes, so that would just be suicide.  While DT hasn't sold out yet, sure they've fallen into a groove, but they've still got variety at the least, Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy Yes, I love Close to the Edge and some of their other works, but it bugs me how a capable band that puts out good music and hasn't died and is still going strong in 20 years of history is so bashed on, while other bands that did die out aren't being bashed on.  Unless I'm looking in the wrong places, I noticed everyone here is Yes/Genesis/Pink Floyd/Rush/King Crimson, and no one else!

RIght on dude! Not enough Tull polls, really!

I recall once I did a poll that went: How much does Close to the Edge suck?

A lot.
A WHOLE lot.
Whole Lotta Suckin'
A little, but I've only heard it once
I use it as a coaster

Wonder what happened to that...?
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
Zargus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 18:26
I love voting for the same stuff all the time, why whuld i come to this site otherwise? but DT polls are not the problem its all thos boring genesis fanboys makeing the same sucky genesis polls every week. But since genesis seem to be the only prog band that ever excisted in some peoples mind i gues we have to live with it.
rileydog22 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2007 at 21:11
Originally posted by Xeroth Xeroth wrote:

My goodness, I've never understood why people bash on DT so much.  Yes they are polled on way too much.  And polling on the being polled on is kind of a different step.  But while everyone bashes on DT, whom I love, why don't we spend time and bash on other bands.  I know I'll get killed for this, or at least verbally abused, but what about Yes?  Let's bash on Yes!  Post millions and millions of polls and say how crappy they are when they sold out at a certain point and lost all abilities to make a good album.  Oh but wait, 99.9 percent of the people on this site love Yes, so that would just be suicide.  While DT hasn't sold out yet, sure they've fallen into a groove, but they've still got variety at the least, Don't get me wrong though, I do enjoy Yes, I love Close to the Edge and some of their other works, but it bugs me how a capable band that puts out good music and hasn't died and is still going strong in 20 years of history is so bashed on, while other bands that did die out aren't being bashed on.  Unless I'm looking in the wrong places, I noticed everyone here is Yes/Genesis/Pink Floyd/Rush/King Crimson, and no one else!

Maybe if every single thread that so much as mentions DT wasn't filled with DT-fanboy rants like this, we wouldn't mind the DT fanboys so much.  Wink

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 01:20
I'm tired of polls about DT polls...

You have to give up... DT is one of the most popular bads out there... We have many new members each week... some of them are DT fans... when you're new, you love to create polls, say, as to see where you're standing compared to other members.... ERGO, some new DT polls will appear every week....

At least DT polls are created by a multitude of members... Now Jethro Tull polls, I'd say every one of the 15768 of them have been created by the SAME member...LOL (who would that be...Wink
Visitor13 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 06:22
Bring 'em on!

And, BTW, I want to stab someone's eye out with a pitchfork.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 00:12
Originally posted by Visitor13 Visitor13 wrote:

And, BTW, I want to stab someone's eye out with a pitchfork.

I highly doubt Dream Theater would approve of that.

Dream Theater have become caricatures of themselves. Much as this Dream Theater poll has become a caricature of other Dream Theater polls.  Want me to ellaborate? No, I don't want to.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 05:42
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Same here, I almost feel guilty for having all DT albums in my collection. Today I founded two more polls - they're coming back....

I knew it....it's all Angelo's fault....Shocked

LOL
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234