FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThing-tones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thing-tones
    Posted: September 26 2006 at 03:06
As much as I hate to admit it, I have a mobile talking device, aka a cellular telephone (aka a cell phone). Which got me to thinking...we're all serious progger, right? Better than the rest of those musically knuckle draggin louts, eh? Okay, that might be taking it a little far...

Still, we must admit that our musical tastes are somewhat removed from the standard top of the pops. Therefore...what do you have as your cell tone? I've only just discovered how to make them work on my device; now I subsribe to a thingy called "British Invasion." For whatever reason, there is no Tull available there, but there is Yes (although why I can't say). Anyway, I have Kashmir by Led Zep. You?
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
Wilcey View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2006 at 03:18
My first mobile many moons ago was the size of a house brick, a friend programmed it to play a "casio tunes" version of Grendel Embarrassed It sounded AWFUL!
Later I have had phones that play all sorts of things, now that phones play mp3 I guess you can get them to play whatever the hell you want.............

Technologically speaking though, we are trying to make life simpler, we have the most basic of basic mobiles and they both (horror of horror) play the sound of a phone ringing when the ring............... it's the only way to hear them, music just dissapears into background noise when you are in the shopping centre, or in the car..... "Brrring Brrring.....Brrring Brrring....." it's the only way to go really!

WinkP-C
 Post Reply Post Reply