Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTwo prog bands not in PA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two prog bands not in PA
    Posted: November 25 2006 at 22:30
This is not really a suggestion but more of a question: there are two bands (or in one case, album) that aren't located in the archives and, as both are relatively old records, maybe never will because both may never release new albums.

One is Ivory tower. They released a couple of really great prog-metal albums, and in this case there's no argument: that was pure prog-metal in the vein of DT and Vanden Plas. Although the band I think exists no more and we can't expect new releases, I think it would be excellent if the archives were really, well, archives were you can find any prog band, past or future... I think this archive is incomplete without them. I only wish the best for this website, and I was wondering if none never mentioned them or what happened....

The other case is an album by Terry Bozzio and Billy Sheehan named Nine Short Films. It's a 100% prog album, with some of the most complex bass and drum playing you'll ever hear, released by Magna carta a couple of years ago 9I think)... Again, nor discussion could arise about the progressiveness of this album. I, for one, HATE this album, for me is just AWFUL, as i said in one of my first forum posts... But that doesn't matter: I think that album should be in the archives, because is as prog as it gets. I would be happy to contribute reviews of all this works, in case nobody else has listened to them (which I really doubt).

Everything in the interest of this great prog-website and forum. Please let me know.  
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2006 at 01:41
Ivory Tower was already added by our site founder ProgLucky.

I have heard of the Nine Short Films album but haven't heard it so I can't comment.

Post Reply Post Reply