Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCoheed And Cambria: The real reasons !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 23:40
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Frustrating... Well, it seems I'm always in the wrong side of these debates... I just hope they're added to the Related category... if this mtv-teen-emo band makes it to art-rock, Rush, Crimson, Anekdoten, and many more would really turn in their graves....

Wait, they're not dead...

I think he said that the admins were looking it over, which means that was the selection process for being PR. I think.

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 03:41
Yes, prog related.
Shwang_Shwinga View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 19:08
Well, they're up, and I've added all their albums [except for the Last Supper DVD], so if anyone wants to review [except for The T Wink ] you can go ahead on and do so.

On another note, a question...how come everywhere Coheed's name appears, there's an asterisk next to it?

-SS
Syrinx View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 19:45
Well it's about frickin' time, haha. Just don't remove them this time, please! It may be a controversial addition, but the fact that they're listed as prog-related shouldn't make it too big of a deal. They may not be entirely prog, but to deny that it hasn't influenced them quite a bit is silly.

I've been waiting for them to be added for, like, two years now I think.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 19:51
Originally posted by Shwang_Shwinga Shwang_Shwinga wrote:

On another note, a question...how come everywhere Coheed's name appears, there's an asterisk next to it?

-SS

The asterisk usually appears next to the name of a new addition, and means the information submitted is incomplete. People who have access to the database will remove it as soon as possible.

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 19:55
Originally posted by Syrinx Syrinx wrote:

Well it's about frickin' time, haha. Just don't remove them this time, please! It may be a controversial addition, but the fact that they're listed as prog-related shouldn't make it too big of a deal. They may not be entirely prog, but to deny that it hasn't influenced them quite a bit is silly.

Well, as you're new to this forum, you probably don't know that ANY controversial addition is a big deal, even if it is in PR. I speak from personal experience, especially as regards the addition of Iron Maiden last year in October. The backlash wasn't what I would call pleasant.

Ah, and if I were you, I would avoid using terms like 'silly', which, while not as strong as others, are not generally used to pay people a compliment.
Syrinx View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 00:47
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

Well, as you're new to this forum, you probably don't know that ANY controversial addition is a big deal, even if it is in PR. I speak from personal experience, especially as regards the addition of Iron Maiden last year in October. The backlash wasn't what I would call pleasant.

Ah, and if I were you, I would avoid using terms like 'silly', which, while not as strong as others, are not generally used to pay people a compliment.

Oh, I know. I've been here about as long as you, and I'm not nearly as active, but I do my share of lurking. I've seen some of the backlash, but I'm just hoping people don't freak out. I just personally see them as a worthy addition, in my opinion, much like those who don't. So yeah, "silly" was a poor choice of words, so I apologise. I do respect the opinions of others, even if I sounded like a bit of a jerk. My apologies.

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

hahahhah... consider yourself moderated buddy.  If you've been waiting that impatiently ...for how many years... for this group to be added. I'd say getting on the wrong side of Madam Ghost Rider is the least of your concerns.  I'd worry about not having a life hahahhaha.

Was that really necessary? I frequent this forum because I like music, and I like this band, so yeah, I take a minute or two every once in a while to see if they've been added or not. That hardly constitutes as "not having a life." I could say something about your 10,000 posts in about the same amount of time that I've been here, but I assume you're just a big a fan of progressive music as I am, so that would be a moot point. So I'm just going to consider your point moot as well, and your tone extremely arrogant and immature.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 02:30

Well, they're up, and I've added all their albums [except for the Last Supper DVD], so if anyone wants to review [except for The T Wink ] you can go ahead on and do so.

-SS

I removed it SS.

Congrats on a job very well done!!!!!!

ClapClapClapClapClap

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 11:38

Oh, I know. I've been here about as long as you, and I'm not nearly as active, but I do my share of lurking. I've seen some of the backlash, but I'm just hoping people don't freak out. I just personally see them as a worthy addition, in my opinion, much like those who don't. So yeah, "silly" was a poor choice of words, so I apologise. I do respect the opinions of others, even if I sounded like a bit of a jerk. My apologies.

hahahhah... consider yourself moderated buddy.  If you've been waiting that impatiently ...for how many years... for this group to be added. I'd say getting on the wrong side of Madam Ghost Rider is the least of your concerns.  I'd worry about not having a life hahahhaha.

Was that really necessary? I frequent this forum because I like music, and I like this band, so yeah, I take a minute or two every once in a while to see if they've been added or not. That hardly constitutes as "not having a life." I could say something about your 10,000 posts in about the same amount of time that I've been here, but I assume you're just a big a fan of progressive music as I am, so that would be a moot point. So I'm just going to consider your point moot as well, and your tone extremely arrogant and immature.

hahahhaha.. you should have said something

I'm used to it though.. not everyone gets my sense of humour.... thinks I have one,  or has one themselves.  I fully expected you to comment on my 10000 posts and have fun with it. 

sorry for not having a stick up my ass and having some fun.  Enjoy the site LOLWink

Edited by micky - August 16 2007 at 11:38
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 11:40
After all that, they've been here all day and not so much as a single rating!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 11:42
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

After all that, they've been here all day and not so much as a single rating!

LOL doesn't that always happen.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 11:43
Nice snake Micky.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 12:29
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Nice snake Micky.

in Raffaella's honor... she had her first encounter with a rattler LOL
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 12:53
Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

-SS

I removed it SS.

ClapClapClapClapClap

Oh Mr. Shwang_Swhinga, I'll review them...Just don't expect the highest or ratings... Today's-MTV music is not my thing....Wink

But I'll review with my usual fairness....Wink
StyLaZyn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 12:57
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Originally posted by TheProgtologist TheProgtologist wrote:

-SS

I removed it SS.

ClapClapClapClapClap

Oh Mr. Shwang_Swhinga, I'll review them...Just don't expect the highest or ratings... Today's-MTV music is not my thing....Wink

But I'll review with my usual fairness....Wink

LOL! We'll see about fairness, now won't we? LOL

moreitsythanyou View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 13:00
I come back from vacation and Coheed were added?
This is awesome Smile
<font color=white>butts, lol[/COLOR]

heyitsthatguy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2007 at 13:01

hahahhaha.. you should have said something

I'm used to it though.. not everyone gets my sense of humour.... thinks I have one,  or has one themselves.  I fully expected you to comment on my 10000 posts and have fun with it. 

sorry for not having a stick up my ass and having some fun.  Enjoy the site LOLWink

I'll summarize micky's post history for you:

hahahahahahahahahahahh ahhahahhahahh ahahhaha

DREAM THEATAAR Angry

hahahahahhahha

hey there Ghost Rideys Wink
DREAM THEATAR!! AngryAngry

Pinch

hahahahahhahahhahahahha
hahahahhhahaha
DTAngryhahaGREmbarrassedDTAngryhaha

Hug for mickyTongue

Edited by heyitsthatguy - August 16 2007 at 13:02