Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedview all my reviews at one glance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: view all my reviews at one glance
    Posted: December 26 2006 at 17:08

is there a way to edit all the reviews at one single glance?

i ask that because i want to find fast the few reviews in my huge list that do not have the sufficient numbers of words to appear public.

it would be also super if we could work simultaneously on multiple reviews:

for instance, i would like to change radiply the word "rythm" to rhythm, but the mistake appears on hundreds of reviewed albums....if you see what i mean!!!

that would be a powerful improvement!
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 19:55
Simply not possible.

You need to edit them one at a time unfortunately. Best to edit them before posting them though.
Peter View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 12:16
Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

Simply not possible.

You need to edit them one at a time unfortunately. Best to edit them before posting them though.

Yes. I used to write mine on the site, and many errors & typos got past me, but now write them in Word, and use that program's spell check before posting.

We all make mistakes (especially when writing in a second language), and the simple use of Spell Check would catch errors like "rhythm" being mis-spelled.

With lengthy, "important" writing (like a review) I recommend editing the NEXT day, as by then we tend to see what's actually there -- not what we think we wrote.
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.
greenback View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 16:20
Originally posted by Peter Rideout Peter Rideout wrote:

Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

Simply not possible.

Yes. I used to write mine on the site, and many errors & typos got past me, but now write them in Word, and use that program's spell check before posting.

We all make mistakes (especially when writing in a second language), and the simple use of Spell Check would catch errors like "rhythm" being mis-spelled.

With lengthy, "important" writing (like a review) I recommend editing the NEXT day, as by then we tend to see what's actually there -- not what we think we wrote.
i own a copy of my reviews in Word and on the RYM database; the spell checker is in French, but i am going to verify if i have the drivers to install the English one too: that would not allow to have a single look to all the reviews in the PA database, but it would help to efficiently correct the mispells, using the "replace all" action.

Actually, the best thing would be a "download your database"  from Word to the PA database. i'm sure somebody will develop it one day!
[HEADPINS - LINE OF FIRE: THE RECORD HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL GUITAR SOUND IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF MUSIC!>
 Post Reply Post Reply