Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow big is the additions list?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How big is the additions list?
    Posted: March 02 2007 at 20:38
I heard there is quite a list of bands that are to be added on this website, I was wondering how big it is, because I think it might be worthwhile postponing some suggestions if it just overwhelms.

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 00:46
The Master List is absolutely MASSIVE! There are quite a few names on it that have already been added, but by and large it's still a work in progress, and one that's not easy at all to keep up with - especially working on a voluntary basis as we do.

One of the biggest problems is that many suggestions for addition come directly to the genre teams without going throug the BAT (Band Admissions Team), who are responsible for the Master LIst. This means that bands submitted directly get added much sooner than those on the ML, many of which get more or less forgotten, especially when there is no indication of the subgenre they are supposed to be added to.
NotSoKoolAid View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 01:09
Sweet fancy moses...
Cheesecakemouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 02:25
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

The Master List is absolutely MASSIVE! There are quite a few names on it that have already been added, but by and large it's still a work in progress, and one that's not easy at all to keep up with - especially working on a voluntary basis as we do.

One of the biggest problems is that many suggestions for addition come directly to the genre teams without going throug the BAT (Band Admissions Team), who are responsible for the Master LIst. This means that bands submitted directly get added much sooner than those on the ML, many of which get more or less forgotten, especially when there is no indication of the subgenre they are supposed to be added to.

I was just wondering, have you ever thought of just cutting and pasting from another prog site (after getting permission of course) and leaving a referance of that site?

mystic fred View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 03:58
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

this is true - for example in the case of some obscure Polish bands! Wink

i submitted a suggestion many months ago for a popular English Prog/psyche band called Stray (going to see them this month actually), but my sub seems to have got lost in the system, it's not even on the sub list, will investigate! Smile

Edited by mystic fred - March 04 2007 at 05:07
Prog Archives Tour Van
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2007 at 11:12
As Rafalla says the list is massive and because there are several different ways of submitting bands, it's almost impossible to know what the full list is. Mikeenregalia's list suggests there are 781 bands and that's not even all the genre teams. This is a lot more than on the Master List thread, although it does include some that have already been added. It's certainly over 500 though.
fco. View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 11:17
why don'y you publish the list here in the forum, so people wont suggest bads already considered?
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2007 at 11:21
Not sure if thats a good idea. I can imagine the arguments about who should or shouldn't be on the list now!

Or the why the band I suggested is still on the list after 2 years and is not yet added.
 Post Reply Post Reply