Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVED BUENS ENDE split up permanently.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: VED BUENS ENDE split up permanently.
    Posted: April 02 2007 at 08:30
I was one of the few VBE fans excited about the band finally coming together to record and release their album for the first time in more than 10 years, but it seems that they have broken up and this time for good, it seems.

The reason?

Speaking of… Ved Buens Ende almost reunited last year but then it came to nothing. What on earth happened?
I guess it was the same thing for Carl-Michael that happened for him with DHG. He wanted to dedicate himself to his own music, and not our music. Both I and the new drummer [Esso, from Beyond Dawn] were happy with the new songs, but Carl-Michael wanted to do his own music. And it's ok with me, but it's too bad because I feel that Ved Buens Ende is probably the band in this scene that never lived up to its potential.
and
Exactly!

I think Virus is going to be Carl-Michael's priority, and Virus is some sort of a continuation of Ved Buens Ende, but it's without me. He feels limited when he has to share music with others. I do understand it, and I have sympathy for his desire to fulfill himself. For the sake of Ved Buens Ende it's sh*t, since it's one hell of a band. Playing in the band was such a virtuous thing to do, and it was an interesting way to be a band; a trio.

Not sure whether this is exactly true or not, I haven't found what Czral himself has to say about this.

Cry

Edited by Trickster F. - April 02 2007 at 08:32
sig
 Post Reply Post Reply