Topic ClosedNew Classic albums DVD - Zappa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Classic albums DVD - Zappa
    Posted: May 09 2007 at 11:44

Zappa : Overnite Sensation/ Apostrophe very interesting release in the Classic albums collection, if you want to learn more more about the 'crux of the biscuit,' yellow snow, the odour of tennis shoes, hot spots, Ruth Underwood's Bikini, the Zomby Woof, Uncle Remus, the Camarillo brillo (no cooties on me) and some touching comments by the Zappa Family members and Ex- Z .musicians you have to buy it right now.

Edited by Alucard - May 09 2007 at 14:24
Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

Endless Wire View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2007 at 16:33
I love the classic albums dvd's.  I've seen the ones for Pink Floyd, The Who, Metallica, Elton John, Queen, and Deep Purple, but I can't wait to check this one out.  It should be interesting.
Alucard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 05:48
^same for me, I appreciate the 'work in progress' aspect of this collection , my favourite ones soo far 'Nevermind' & 'American Beauty' and naturally the 'Zappa' one. You should get it even if you are not a 100% Zappa fan. Some great concert bonus too 'Montana' from the Roxy 73 sessions and 'I am the slime' from a '76 TV special + a very touching story by Ruth Underwood (who still looks greatEmbarrassed) The only weak point is the ' Camarillo Brillo' studio-concert version of the Dweezil band even so it's great to see N.M. Brook again they are so 'tame' just no comparaison to the 'original' .

BTW Does anyone knows why the famous Roxy shows weren't released yet ? The DVD was already announced on the 'Baby Snakes ' release years ago.

Richardw View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 09:05
Originally posted by Alucard Alucard wrote:

^same for me, I appreciate the 'work in progress' aspect of this collection , my favourite ones soo far 'Nevermind' & 'American Beauty' and naturally the 'Zappa' one. You should get it even if you are not a 100% Zappa fan. Some great concert bonus too 'Montana' from the Roxy 73 sessions and 'I am the slime' from a '76 TV special + a very touching story by Ruth Underwood (who still looks greatEmbarrassed) The only weak point is the ' Camarillo Brillo' studio-concert version of the Dweezil band even so it's great to see N.M. Brook again they are so 'tame' just no comparaison to the 'original' .

BTW Does anyone knows why the famous Roxy shows weren't released yet ? The DVD was already announced on the 'Baby Snakes ' release years ago.

From what i know the video footage needs synchronizing with the audio, and Zappa didn't have the time or money to do so.

More information here :

http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/videography/roxy.html

Alucard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 12:57
thanx Richard,
interesting link, the Roxy-material included above  has some obvious glitches too, in contrary to the audio material which is excellent. I hope nevertheless, that Dweezil or whoever will edit this one day, because this material won't last for ages and it's also ages now, that  I long  to see Brenda &Co do the Bebop-tango.....

Richardw View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2007 at 17:54
Originally posted by Alucard Alucard wrote:

thanx Richard,
interesting link, the Roxy-material included above  has some obvious glitches too, in contrary to the audio material which is excellent. I hope nevertheless, that Dweezil or whoever will edit this one day, because this material won't last for ages and it's also ages now, that  I long  to see Brenda &Co do the Bebop-tango.....

Yes I would love to see the Bebop Tango too. Especially Lana ("Anything You Say Frank"), and Brenda dancing to those funny fast notes. It appears that Dweezil is working on it, so we can hope that it will be released some time soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply