Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2007 at 08:57
Yes it was, nice thing about lifting from the powdered wig set is that you don't have to pay royalties.
The Whistler View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 05:19
Very popular with the prog set, when you think about it.
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
Barla View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2007 at 19:18
I have heard only the Transatlantic version of "In Held Twas I" (what does that mean??) and hasn't surprised me much. Is it very different to the original song?

BTW, I need to check Procol Harum out.

Edited by Barla - October 10 2007 at 19:19
jammun View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 22:24
According to the band, In Held Twas In I means nothing.  It was random words from the various sections of the song.

On a side note, what are the best CD versions of these?  Are they the Repertoire releases?  Some other label?  I really need to replace my 40 year old vinyl.

And I seem to remember that the piano break in Walpurgis is a Bach Two-Part Invention.
The Whistler View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2007 at 02:36
Originally posted by Barla Barla wrote:

I have heard only the Transatlantic version of "In Held Twas I" (what does that mean??) and hasn't surprised me much. Is it very different to the original song?

BTW, I need to check Procol Harum out.

I think that the band is screwing us over a bit if they say it has no meaning; I think that there's something there, it just happens to be slightly scattershot and purely tongue-in-cheek (the song I mean, the title IS just an anagram of sorts).

As for the Procolers, of course you have to check 'em out. I still believe that they're the most underrated band ever. And, in a pure act of shameless self promotion, I've just reviewed this album of theirs (as well as the debut (both are classics, by the by), but that's older. More informative band-wise though).

Edited by The Whistler - October 15 2007 at 02:37
"There seem to be quite a large percentage of young American boys out there tonight. A long way from home, eh? Well so are we... Gotta stick together." -I. Anderson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12