Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!
    Posted: October 05 2007 at 15:44
I'm Alex!.  I'm 16 and a junior in high school.  I've been using progarchives for a while to research bands and prog sub genres, but only recently joined the forum.  My favorite bands are  Ween (unfortunately not prog, but kickass nonetheless), Zappa, King Crimson, Yes, Rush, Magma, Dream Theater, Primus, Univers Zero, dredg and The Flower Kings, but I listen to tons of other stuff from all over the progressive music spectrum and stuff from the lesser music genres as well, but prog has become my obsession.
    I play several instruments.  I've been playing French Horn since 4th grade (about 7 years), Mellophone since my freshman year of high school (About 2 and a half years) and guitar for about a year or so.  I also recently began studying music theory in school and in my spare time, in hopes of bettering myself as a musician.  Once I've honed my skills I'd like to try my hand at composing, so we'll see how that works out.

see you on the internet,
Alex
"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST."
-FZ
Chicapah View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2007 at 16:37
Howdy from Texas.  Welcome to the club.
"Literature is well enough, as a time-passer, and for the improvement and general elevation and purification of mankind, but it has no practical value" - Mark Twain
Spacemac View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2007 at 14:39
Welcome  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply