Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAustralian Pink Floyd at Terminal 5 (12/8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australian Pink Floyd at Terminal 5 (12/8
    Posted: December 09 2007 at 11:47
I headed over to Terminal 5 in New York City to see possibly the most famous Pink Floyd cover band. The venue maximum was 4,000, and the place looked pretty packed! Quite impressive for a cover band.

The show was scheduled for 8 PM, and around 8:10 a faint heartbeat started playing over the background music that was playing in the speakers (that happened to be a bluegrass version of The Wall). A few people realized it at first, then the crowd went crazy as it went louder. During Speak to Me, the band took their instruments upon them and got ready for Breathe! The playing was spot on with the album, my only quarrel with them is the Gilmour voice is slightly off (But just slightly! Don't let this put you off from them, it was a better Gilmour voice than anyone in Roger Water's touring band ever did). They then succeeded to doing the entire Dark Side of the Moon, which seemed flawless.

The light show was also impressive. There was the normal Floyd light show, but they also included lasers! The entire concert was spot on, including some jams on Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell. The setlist changes every concert, they've played pretty much everything. I was hoping for more Animals at this one, and having them exchanging the A Momentary Lapse songs for The Final Cut ones ;).

SETLIST: (order might be slightly off)
----
Speak To Me / Breathe
On The Run
Time / Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig In The Sky
Money
Us And Them
Any Colour You Like
Brain Damage
Eclipse
---
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5)
Learning To Fly
On The Turning Away
Nobody Home
Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun
Pigs (Three Different Ones)
Wish You Were Here
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9)
One Of These Days
---
Comfortably Numb
---
Hey You
Run Like Hell
---

Nonetheless, a great concert! 9/10! Recommended highly to any Floyd fan. They can recreate their music nearly spotlessly.

I like cheese and I like metal! --Mikael Åkerfeldt
jikai55 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2007 at 14:42
I don't know why this was moved here, even though it is a tribue band it is a live performance review.

I like cheese and I like metal! --Mikael Åkerfeldt
 Post Reply Post Reply