Topic ClosedKarda Estra News - Jan 2008

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Karda Estra News - Jan 2008
    Posted: January 22 2008 at 15:25
Karda Estra News - Jan 2008:

Recently received a notice that 'Life Drawing' from 'The Last Of The Libertine' CD is featured on the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show 'Best of 2007 special': www.epilepticgibbon.co.uk

Andrew Holborn also featured 'The Last Of The Libertine' as part of his favourite releases of 2007 on his 3rd Ear Radio show in Australia: www.979fm.net

Thanks to all who have helped promote the free mp3 single 'The Atom Age Sense Of Impermanence.' I realise it wasn't the normal way for those used to the traditional promo CD route, but the response has proved very encouraging. So to all the radio shows/writers that have featured it - kudos. And thanks to those like Jerry Lucky (who featured the embedded tune on his main page) and Ted Ollikkala who has created a 'Karda Estra Appreciation Page: www.uvouch.com/fanclub.php?fid=13
The single is still available via the Karda Estra MySpace, Soundclick, Channel 4 and LastFM sites (see www.kardaestra.co.uk for links)

A new piece 'Island Universes' has been completed with myself on various instruments, Caron on cor anglais, Zoe on flute and Amy on clarinet. I originally planned this to be the second 10th anniversary mp3 single, but I'm really taken with the idea and I'm thinking of expanding the music into a new album suite. In fact, I've already begun working on another 'Island Universes' tune. I hadn't originally intended to start work on a new album, but that's the way inspiration goes. I'm still very much committed to doing the mp3 singles too, so it looks like I'll be splitting my time between them and the album - I already have a guitar sketch that I'm considering for the next single.

Finally ... recently discovered someone had made a video to accompany my piece 'The Red Room' from 'The Age Of Science And Enlightenment' album and posted it on Youtube. Completely without permission, but I was pleased and flattered that someone wanted to do this. It uses paintings by Caspar David Friedrich and I think it works well: Have a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21hzJoWMA6c

Best wishes,
Richard Wileman
KARDA ESTRA
http://www.kardaestra.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply