Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDays Between Stations (USA)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Days Between Stations (USA)
    Posted: February 01 2008 at 14:57
It is a band which plays instrumental music, some kind of crosssover between prog rock, post rock and electronic/ambient sounds.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=160910923
http://cdbaby.com/cd/dbstations  
ComfortablyNumb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2008 at 19:02
Good suggestion.  I downloaded their release last week, still listening and digesting.  I do like what I'm hearing though.  My guess would be that they're a fit in the psychedelic department.  

CN
glassonyonpr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2008 at 09:24
Here's the band's latest press release:

Progressive Rock's Dynamic Duo Days Between Stations Set Sights On New CD

5/25/2008 - Los Angeles, CA - Last year's break-out CD by progressive rock duo Days Between Stations took the worldwide music community by storm (and surprise!). The fervid reaction to the California-based ensemble's self-titled debut CD from fans and critics alike has been overwhelming to say the least! "Days Between Stations eponymous first album is proof that hope must rule the world," Proggnosis recently proclaimed.

Founded in 2003 by guitarist Sepand Samzadeh and keyboardist Oscar Fuentes, the duo named themselves after the novel by Steve Erickson and have devoted themselves to, as they say, 'Art Rock' and 'Post Prog' - music that reflects their varied influences, as well as a shared disregard for stylistic boundaries. Days Between Stations new CD, released in October 2007 on Bright Orange Records, was engineered by Evren Goknar of the Capitol Mastering team who is best known for his work with Queensryche, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and recently YES.

The band's debut CD has been garnering rave reviews from the music press across the planet as well as heavy radio airplay. Dutch prog magazine IO Pages has deemed Days Between Stations debut CD "one of the ten best of 2007". Even amongst the duo's musical peers, the adulations have been forthright: Legendary guitarist Peter Banks, formerly of prog-rock giants Yes and Flash, had this to say about the duo's new CD: "Days Between Stations offer an inventive, eclectic mix of electronics: sometimes relaxed sound-washes interspersed with a rhythm-driven force... the subtle textures are played with a refreshing honesty and openness underpinned with an authentic transparency of sound that avoids most of the pitfalls and potholes of scary 'prog' ".

Here's what the music press have been raving about Days Between Stations:

"The group describe their style as art rock and post-prog. Perhaps, but its main force is the melodic ambiance created which is, in my view, more space rock, almost mesmerizing and trance inducing. Their music is never heavy or metal sounding. The intricacy and complexity of the composition with the choice of instruments makes this debut album an instant classic." Proggnosis

"All in all, Days Between Stations gives us a well rounded take on "young" space rock (or post-prog, if you please) with a constantly shifting kaleidoscope of scenario and orchestrations. Reassuring to see that the genre is passing into competent hands." Progressive Ears

"... a ghostly museum where Pink Floyd, King Crimson, The Divine Comedy, Brian Eno, Radiohead, Air or Anathema stand next to one another... with a touching modesty and a disturbing humanity, the musicians act like experienced pilots. They invite us to take a seat in this train of life, for an internal journey, using a rhythm displayed with an impressive regularity." Progressia

"Days Between Stations has to be one of the most exciting prog bands I've heard in many years! ... this is a pure magic progressive rock album... " ProgPlanet

"The response has been amazing," says Oscar Fuentes. "I know it's cliché but it does give you a feeling of validation." "It gives us confidence to try new ideas and take even greater risks," adds Sepand Samzadeh. "Our influences are our parents, as a result we carry with us some of their familiar traits, yet like any soul that wants distinction and recognition we constantly fall and scrape our knees by flirting with new ideas and pushing ourselves, often times, to intolerable mental limits." Although the music press has been comparing the band's sound to that of Pink Floyd, with influences ranging from Marillion to Nirvana to Porcupine Tree to John Coltrane the duo is quick to point out, "We don't try to be anyone other than Days Between Stations!" The self-titled CD can be obtained through Amazon, CD Baby, iTunes and the group's official website
www.daysbetweenstations.com.

"... ranks up there with the best of them... it could be deemed a modern classic progressive rock album... I know this will be on my 'Favorite Releases of 2007' " - Prognaut

In the meantime, Sepand and Oscar are currently preparing to release an EP of non-album tracks: "There is one track from the early writing sessions called 'Sundays', and that will probably be on it," says Oscar. "It's a very dark, melancholy ambient piece that was one of those 'happy accidents' from a live improvisation." Also, to the elation of Days Between Stations fans worldwide, the group has ventured back into the recording studio to work on new material for the next CD. "I think we will probably take the same 'anything goes' approach as we did with the first one," Oscar explains about the duo's new music. "Oscar and I are just beginning a journey of finding out what we are about," concludes Sepand. "Our rule is to be truthful to ourselves, and to venture out as far as possible and not to worry about opinions."

Along with recording the new CD, and release of the band's EP, plans for live performances by Days Between Stations are currently in the works.

For more information:
www.daysbetweenstations.com
www.myspace.com/daysbetweenstationsband

Press Inquiries:
Glass Onyon PR
[email protected]

Takeshi Kovacs View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 17:48
Just wanted to echo the many positive comments in the musical press regarding this album, which is a real stormer of a debut, from virtually out of nowhere. Can't wait for the follow up!
Open the gates of the city wide....
Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/TakeshiKovacs/
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 17:49
sounds interesting..... pausing what I am listening to.. and sneaking in a listen....
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 18:42
Micky - it's a grower, though when I first heard it on the InterstellarOverdrive podcast, they played the opening track and it was one of those occasions when I was desperate to find out who the band was...I was thinking Pink Floyd and other similar bands......discovered it was DBS and bought the album as download from iTunes, and really liked it.....but it gets more rewarding on every subsequent listen! Hope you enjoy!

Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 18:52
writing on a review now Smile

this band deserves attention ...

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2008 at 21:41
Originally posted by Takeshi Kovacs Takeshi Kovacs wrote:

Micky - it's a grower, though when I first heard it on the InterstellarOverdrive podcast, they played the opening track and it was one of those occasions when I was desperate to find out who the band was...I was thinking Pink Floyd and other similar bands......discovered it was DBS and bought the album as download from iTunes, and really liked it.....but it gets more rewarding on every subsequent listen! Hope you enjoy!

yeah... I have a good 6th sense for wadding into bands.. this one sounded good.. and WAS damn good.  I did enjoy.. thanks Clap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 08:59
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

writing on a review now Smilethis band deserves attention ...

Uwe - looking forward to reading your review!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2008 at 16:59
Originally posted by Takeshi Kovacs Takeshi Kovacs wrote:

Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

writing on a review now Smilethis band deserves attention ...

Uwe - looking forward to reading your review!

same here...  Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 16:07
Uwe -Are you teasing us with your review?
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2008 at 16:35
hehehehe - you've guessed it, Chris Big%20smile

on a serious note - so much other things to care for right now ... probably this weekend - but don't be surprised if you are the first one to post a review ...

Post Reply Post Reply