Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEuropean Prog Festivals: Rolling Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2008 at 05:29
You're welcome Fandango.It's a pleasure for me.I will post something on the psychedelic exhibition when back home(1st or 2nd december)
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

of searchers with the help from

crimson king
fusionfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2008 at 12:23
Ame Son's concert:D Day minus 5!
I was born in the land of Mahavishnu,not so far from Kobaia.I'm looking for the world

crimson king
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 14:11
I've just come back from the psychedelic exhibition in Bordeaux:quite good but some mistakes and I had too much high expectations.But it was low priced and there  were good moments such as Expo 70,pure kosmische!Steve Gunn acoustic psych/folk with a strong Popol Vuh vibe and Tim Buckley influences or Endless Boogie,electric and heavy space rock good stuff.The climax was Ame Son's concert:wow!Too short(more or less 30 minutes)but the minutes were of the highest quality with this great psych folk .The flutist was really good,Marc Blanc did very fine stuff on drums,the guitarist was good too.Great remembrance since it was a really special event for me.A true time travel!

crimson king
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 14:25
I hate reading down these types of thread because it just makes me Jealous Jealous Jealous. You guys over the pond don`t know how lucky you are. Great shows are a thing of the distant past where I live in Montréal. The political climate seems to be the biggest culprit unfortunately. The thing that saddens me Cry is that these bands from the seventies aren`t getting any younger and neither am I for that matter. I`m seriously thinking of trying to get over to the UK or Europe to see Amon Duul II next year once the dates are finalised. 
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2008 at 06:32
Ok good folks...I have updated the European Rolling Calendar to the best of my ability, although the word 'skeleton' springs to mind, when looking at the listings....Unhappy

During 2008, I was aware of at least 5/6 prog festivals which were cancelled owing to poor ticket sales, and I think that the economic downturn might have something to do with the lack of plans and information for some of the festivals in the first part of 2009.

that said, I will update as and when I am able, but I would be grateful if you could help me by supplying info in this thread, and thereby supporting the festivals as much as possible, during what could be a very difficult year for live music...Ermm

very best regards to you all...

fanny...
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2008 at 04:56
Thanks Fanny and proggiest of the best regards to you all!Each time I'm able to drop news I will do so.I also hope I will find a job to continue supporting festivals and labels.Long live Prog!

crimson king
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2008 at 19:45
When did that come about? real opportunity...

May 15,16: Rotherham Rocks, Rotherham, England.
6 bands tbc

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2008 at 03:29
^^its been an annual thing for over a decade....Wink
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Plankowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 12:09
That Roadburn Festival in Netherlands is an absolutely sick lineup....Neurosis personally invited 15 out the 47 bands on that festival...

Really wish I could attend.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 13:03
^^quite right David; I updated that one last week, but drew the line at writing 47 band names!!...WackoLOL
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2008 at 13:11
info just in from Steve....Clap

For the calendar Wink

Progrock 2009 - the first edition of the festival
Metal Mind Productions is proud to announce the first edition of the progressive rock festival - Progrock 2009.

Katowice slowly becomes the most important mark on the map of the current progressive rock scene in Poland. The fantastic stage at the Wyspianski Theatre has witnessed live shows of many important bands like Pendragon, Credo, Final Conflict, SBB, Satellite, Arena, Landmarq, Galahad, Caamora… The shows at the theatre are acquireing a cult status among the fans of progressive rock, but also among the Artists themselves - the Wyspianski Theatre turned out to be not only a convenient place for such shows but also a very atmospheric, magical place. There will be another chance to prove it in February 2009 during the two day’s Festival – Progrock 2009.

Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2009 at 08:01
information updated...
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2009 at 09:19
Notice of Suspension of Calendar Updates:
Please read 1st post.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2009 at 12:17
Le Festival Invisible is approaching:March 18th,Damo Suzuki
                                                                  March 21th,Magma
                                                                      Great musical week for me! 

crimson king
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345