Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Royal Hunt: Collision Course: Paradox II
    Posted: February 18 2008 at 14:13
Any Royal Hunt fans on the forum??

here goes:

Denmark-based hard rock band ROYAL HUNT will release its new album, "Collision Course - Paradox II", on March 14 via the following companies: Frontiers Records (Europe), Marquee/Avalon (Japan and Southeast Asia), Magna Carta (North America), CD Maximum (Russia and C.I.S). The CD, which is said to be the conceptual follow-up to the 1997 release "Paradox", marks the recorded debut with the band of new vocalist Mark Boals, who has previously played with YNGWIE MALMSTEEN'S RISING FORCE, BILLIONAIRE BOYS CLUB and RING OF FIRE, among others. Guest singers on the album include Doogie White (RAINBOW, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN), Ian Parry (ELEGY, CONSORTIUM PROJECT), Kenny Lubcke (NARITA) and Henrik Brockmann (ex-ROYAL HUNT, EVIL MASQUERADE).
"Collision Course" track listing:

01. Principles of Paradox
02. The First Rock
03. Exit Wound
04. Divide and Reign
05. High Noon at the Battlefield
06. The Clan
07. Blood In Blood Out
08. Tears of the Sun
09. Hostile Breed
10. Chaos A.C.

Commented keyboardist André Andersen: "It's such a great feeling to finally be able to hold your new 'baby' in your hands (weird at the same time… looking at this tiny CD, knowing how much time and money went into its creation). And a bit sad at the same time — we had such a blast making it, there's been tons and tons of great moments in the process: countless barbeques and other assorted 'nights out,' a bunch of dear friends/guests who joined us along the way and even the fact that all of us — for almost six months — had this album as a cornerstone of our lives, the goal which we were working so hard to achieve — as a unit. I know, I know it sounds sentimental but there's always that bittersweet feeling than the job is done and you're looking back at the process… But now it's all history — for us, at least. For you there's another album to discover and — hopefully — to enjoy, and we all wish you the latter… in spades."

The lyrical concept is as controversial as the original "Paradox" — this time concentrating on a "collision course" of modern Western world and "a new breed," grown on Eastern religious movements. Musically you'll have it all — the album runs in a "non-stop" fashion (all
songs are chained together): there are huge epics, intricate progressive arrangements and all good things metal with killer melodies… and there will be videos… and a concert tour.

Audio samples from the CD, which has a running time of 52 minutes, are available at
this location.

ROYAL HUNT released a
DVD and double live album, entitled "Royal Hunt 2006" in November 2006. The set was recorded (and filmed) on the historic stage of St. Petersburg, Russia's Music Hall on November 2, 2005. The show, which was witnessed by some 1,500+ enthusiastic fans, lasted about two hours (the band played a wide selection of songs from all of their releases since 1991 and some tracks from the latest CD, "Paper Blood") and was captured by six cameras. The DVD package also includes backstage/pre-production footage as well as interviews with all the bandmembes and their roadcrew. All mixing duties on the double CD were handled by André Andersen at NorthPoint Productions in Copenhagen. The set was mastered by Jan Eliasson at Audio Planet.

Edited by fandango - February 18 2008 at 14:14
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
Walker View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2008 at 21:52
I will be on the lookout for the new disc, but... what happened to John West? I quite liked his vocals!
The Rock View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 21:51
I have a few of their early albums,and will look for the new one too.Hope they still feature the keyboards promidently like they use to on these early CDs.
What's gonna come out of my mouth is gonna come out of my soul."Skip Prokop"
 Post Reply Post Reply