Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhiskey or Tequila (no chasers)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: No wimpdom allowed here...pick your rot gut.
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [63.64%]
8 [36.36%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 07:20
ghost_of_morphy - you've summed up perfectly the dilemma here - to appreciate, but to abstain, too; always aim to reach contentment before capacity - moderation is all

As for tequila being "too damn easy to drink" - I disagree 100%; I vave to say I cannot believe that drink is popular; it tastes like the product of an intestinally challenged goat with a urinary tract infection - horrid, horrid stuff.

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 10:15
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

Neither.. .I don't like spirits, I'm a wine drinker - in moderation, and preferably with good food and even better company!Wink

Same goes for me - don't touch the stuff, with one exception, a fine product of Italy - amaretto.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 10:41
Originally posted by Ghost Rider Ghost Rider wrote:

Neither.. .I don't like spirits, I'm a wine drinker - in moderation, and preferably with good food and even better company!Wink

Raffaela, Friede and I are wine drinkers too. we never drink more than one whiskey as digestif after the warm meal of the day (which in Germany is eaten for lunch and not for dinner), and it has to be a really good one. we always have at least 5 or 6 malts to choose from at home, one of them for those "special occasions" being very expensive

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 19:28
Whiskey (Irish Whiskey) and Guinness- the perfect combination. 

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2008 at 19:32
Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

ghost_of_morphy - you've summed up perfectly the dilemma here - to appreciate, but to abstain, too; always aim to reach contentment before capacity - moderation is all

As for tequila being "too damn easy to drink" - I disagree 100%; I vave to say I cannot believe that drink is popular; it tastes like the product of an intestinally challenged goat with a urinary tract infection - horrid, horrid stuff.

my experience with the stuff too.. I'd add the vile aftertaste of seawater to your goat pee analogy

however I do like a nice shot of liquor now and then, it helps with digestion (as Jean noted) and you can't beat it as a cough suppressant..  I usually like a good brandy or Scotch

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 21:44
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

my experience with the stuff too.. I'd add the vile aftertaste of seawater to your goat pee analogy

however I do like a nice shot of liquor now and then, it helps with digestion (as Jean noted) and you can't beat it as a cough suppressant..  I usually like a good brandy or Scotch

OK, speaking as someone who likes both tequila and scotch, I'd have to say each of you haven't had any of the really good tequila.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Philéas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 14:25
Whisky. Preferrably Highland Park or Old Pulteney. 
obiter View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 20:11
peaty ... talisker

Thumbs%20Up
An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 08:19
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

my experience with the stuff too.. I'd add the vile aftertaste of seawater to your goat pee analogyhowever I do like a nice shot of liquor now and then, it helps with digestion (as Jean noted) and you can't beat it as a cough suppressant..  I usually like a good brandy or Scotch
OK, speaking as someone who likes both tequila and scotch, I'd have to say each of you haven't had any of the really good tequila.

I agree - apparently the really good tequila tastes like the product of an intestinally challenged goat without a urinary tract infection.

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 08:50

"Ich hab' genug getrunken?
Der Mann, der spricht nicht klug!
Zwar kann zuviel man trinken,
doch trinkt man nie genug!"

Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

translation:
"I have drunk enough?
That man does not speak wisely.
You can drink too much,
But you can never drink enough!"

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Passionist View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 12:18
Ugh, never whiskey. I tried getting used to it, but it's not that good. I prefer rhum myself. But out of these two, a good tequila with everything it has innit.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 12:39

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

my experience with the stuff too.. I'd add the vile aftertaste of seawater to your goat pee analogyhowever I do like a nice shot of liquor now and then, it helps with digestion (as Jean noted) and you can't beat it as a cough suppressant..  I usually like a good brandy or Scotch

I agree - apparently the really good tequila tastes like the product of an intestinally challenged goat without a urinary tract infection.

Yes! LOL

One spirit I really detested on my first try was gin, then I had some Bombay Sapphire.  Still not a big gin enthusiast, but can't pooh pooh gin.  Though not technically spirits, beer and ales I've never liked, maybe the whole foamy thing...

Edited by Slartibartfast - March 10 2008 at 12:44
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123