Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedASL -for Space-Rock or Prog Electronic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASL -for Space-Rock or Prog Electronic
    Posted: February 26 2008 at 20:26
Alternate Sound of Life (ASL) has been around for several years now, yet another underground band that has no record label, but enough originality I think to be included here on the site.They have a certain heaviness to them, but I don't think they are truly heavy enough to be considered 'heavy prog". However, they do have a very interesting combination of ambience (electronic prog) and psychedelic rock that harkens back to the Eno stuff, but with a much more straightforward approach that is more like Porcupine Tree in delivery.

ASL should be included on this website because they are pretty damn well original as far as I am concerned, but of course it isn't up to me, so here are a couple of links that will hopefulyl shed more light on the band as a whole for those of you here who have the power to add bands:

ASL official website: http://www.aslmusic.com/

ASL myspace page for song samples: http://www.myspace.com/alternatesoundoflife  
asimplemistake View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 20:38
Thanks p0mt3 for another good find, I'll have this thread moved also to the Suggest New Bands Section.

ASL, like Revolve, reminds me of Tool.  These guys are much more straight forward in songwriting (and complexity-wise), but the music remains interesting.  I'm not a big fan of the signing style, but it doesn't bother me too much. 
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 01:30

*bump*

Have these guys been considered for addition yet?

Post Reply Post Reply