Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Marillion Conventions 2009 - Netherlands & Canada
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMarillion Conventions 2009 - Netherlands & Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marillion Conventions 2009 - Netherlands & Canada
    Posted: April 07 2008 at 09:10
Hello all!

We're very pleased to announce that in 2009 there won't just be one Marillion Weekend but TWO!
The first Marillion Weekend will take place March 20th-23rd, 2009, at CenterParcs Port Zélande in the Netherlands - this will be the same structure as the previous Marillion Weekend held there in 2007. We will be taking over the whole park and supplying accommodation and 3 nights of Marillion concerts. Full details can be found by heading over to www.marillionweekend.com - bookings for Marillion Weekend 2009 - Netherlands will start the week commencing 5th May 2008. Whey hey!!

The SECOND Marillion Weekend in 2009 is provisionally scheduled to take place in Montreal, Canada from April 3rd-5th, 2009. This will be a slightly different affair as we will not be providing any accommodation as part of the package; but Montreal is full of great hotels, hostels, and B&B's to house you.
The plan will be the same three concerts that we perform at the Marillion Weekend 2009 - Netherlands. This convention is still a work in progress, though, and we hope to add some additional information to the website in the coming weeks. The tickets for this event should go on sale sometime in June 2008. Updated details can also be found at www.marillionweekend.com as they become available - sorry it's a bit sketchy at the moment, but we thought you'd like to know even it it's not 100% confirmed yet...If you have been to one of our Marillion Weekends before then you know how much fun they are. If you've never been, then take a look at the website and you can read some of the feedback from past attendees.
We'd love you to come and be a part of it!

Mark, Ian, H, Pete and Steve

==================================================================================

Since Marillion never comes to North America, I'm not missing this!!!!

E
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 09:29
Hmmm....this will be tricky.

I doubt I'll go to the Montreal show, but maybe I can drag some friends along.
tuxon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 11:31
I might just go to the Netherland date, I'm in the neighbourhood anyway.
and they probably have a swimming pool, so i can go for a swim at the same time (probably not during the concerts, would be a waste to miss that i guess). Might just be great.

I remember missing the 2007 Marillion Weekend, still regret that.
Lavender View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 12:26
Great, they are coming to MTL :)
I was so sad when they didn't really go on tour for Somewhere Else
Now I only have to wait a yr and a half...
every song ends...is that a reason not to enjoy the music?
Tasartir View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 13:16

Alright, here's my decision for Marillion-related stuff for this year and the next: pick up the new album whenever it becomes available, see if they're doing a gig in Barcelona, Valencia, or Madrid this year and if they are I'll go see them, if they're not coming to Barcelona, Valencia, or Madrid then you'll see me at Marillion Weekend (Netherlands) next year.

...Histoires Sans Paroles...
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 08:07
Personally, I'm not missing this. I may have to go by myself, but will meet up with some friends from the old Yahoogroups I belonged to. Being it'll be the 20th anniversary, I bet they do Seasons End in it's entirety.

E
 Post Reply Post Reply